DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to drones

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:)Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout the UK. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world--including many Yorkshiremen--to assist you to grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

Hi Maz, You did indeed get a good starting package. In fact, you may never outgrow it!
I love my Mini and love posting video and photos on this forum. I also enjoy learning from the more experienced flyers on the forum - they're always glad to answer questions and offer advice.
Happy flying

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, the APAS stuff etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

Thank you all for the great advice. It does seem a bit daunting at the moment when I read about flyaways. I am lucky I have a big garden so will take my time yo learn the basics. I took out the care refresh just in case dont know if its worth it. Guess I will find out if I have a big crash.

Thank you all for the great advice. It does seem a bit daunting at the moment when I read about flyaways. I am lucky I have a big garden so will take my time yo learn the basics. I took out the care refresh just in case dont know if its worth it. Guess I will find out if I have a big crash.

Don't worry, just use common sense.
99.9999999% of fly aways are user error.
Set your loss of signal, and low battery to Return To home also know as RTH, high enough to clear obstacles.
If its really windy, fly into the wind on the outbound leg, and till you are used to it keep it close by.
Also practice some, then practice some more, how to safely operate it flying towards you. Heading away is easy, but those backwards controls as it comes to you, that takes more practice...or at least it did for me, maybe I just learn slow though.
I also found it good to stand in place, except for rotating myself on the spot, then hover around 5', fly out about 10', then going both left and right, trying to keep it the same distance away, circle around.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Good lesson and no damage. Think its a good lesson to not panic.
I wS trying a RTH thought it was going to hit the tree then I made it hit the tree

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore