DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to forum. Hi from Birmingham UK.

sparky1111

Reactions
I'm here after some wisdom from experienced Mavic flyers please.
Before I unbox and fly the Mavic (I've got a P4 so familiar with setup and calibration) what tips and wisdom would you give me that you wish you'd of known before.
Eg what should I look out for or weaknesses, or whatever else a new Mavic owner would benefit from.
This forum is huge and I don't want to read everything as I'm grey haired already.
One of my primary worries already is how is my Ipad mini 4 going to work with a small controller.
Thanks in advance!
Keith.

Reactions: Bunny Too
I'm here after some wisdom from experienced Mavic flyers please.
Before I unbox and fly the Mavic (I've got a P4 so familiar with setup and calibration) what tips and wisdom would you give me that you wish you'd of known before.
Eg what should I look out for or weaknesses, or whatever else a new Mavic owner would benefit from.
This forum is huge and I don't want to read everything as I'm grey haired already.
One of my primary worries already is how is my Ipad mini 4 going to work with a small controller.
Thanks in advance!
Keith.
Howdy from Wyomimg sparky111, welcome to the community plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Make sure you download an read the online manual (dij website) and do not fly indoors; your Mini 4 will fit in the controller but it will be tight.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Hi from a fellow UK'er

I can't answer your question though - I don't have my drone yet o_O

But good luck and I hope to hear that it all went swimmingly for you!

Regards
ILD

Reactions: james brooke
Hi and welcome from sunny Swindon! You are going to have blast! Take it easy, don't be rushed, read the manual and don't take risks :)

Not sure about the Ipad - I have Android...

What's the best contraption to use with the ipad mini 4 and if possible can I see the screen whilst ipad mounted.

I Pad Mini 4 is perfect and it fits securely.
I wasted money on Android stuff but decided to get an I Pad.
No way I wanted to lose a 1000 GBP device because the app crashed.
I am not an Apple fanboy by any means but a MP needs an I Pad mini 4.
No need for aftermarket gizmos. Fits perfectly.

Reactions: sparky1111
I bought the bits and made this myself, cost me about £13 in total, nice and secure, lightweight does the job, I know the iPad fits the controllers grips but to me it's not a great mounting point so I wanted something better.

Attachments

• IMG_2403.JPG
    IMG_2403.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
Ignore your inclination to calibrate the drone out of the box. As you set it up it will tell you if it needs calibration. Note that the compass always has a calibrate label beside it but this is not the warning. I've got 80+ flights around the Bristol UK area and have never had to calibrate compass or IMU.

Ignore your inclination to calibrate the drone out of the box. As you set it up it will tell you if it needs calibration. Note that the compass always has a calibrate label beside it but this is not the warning. I've got 80+ flights around the Bristol UK area and have never had to calibrate compass or IMU.

Great advice.
I haven't calibrated either and no notification to do so.
I originally had a p3 advanced (another story) and calibrated because I thought you had to with it traveling half way round the world.( first drone and green as grass.[emoji51])
As soon as I calibrated the p3 went haywire.
Lesson learned don't mess with it unless requested to do so.

I bought the fly more kit and I've found the bag when loaded pushes the controller stick to one side. I don't like this.
Am I packing it wrong? It seems idiot proof in as much as the larger space for the Mavic and smaller space for the controller and two side pockets for the batteries.
Just looks too compact for me.

I bought the fly more kit and I've found the bag when loaded pushes the controller stick to one side. I don't like this.
Get a stick guard to protect the sticks (I use this one).

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ