DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to forum

Troyboy2

Reactions
Hi everyone just joined today, from England (hull Yorkshire). not got a drone yet, but been wanting one for year's. Every time I decided on one, a new one Pop's up which is better and better specifications so could not decide?.
Anyhow i am thinking of getting the Mavic air 2 has my first drone this Christmas [emoji319]
Do you think this model will be ok for a first timer? Been reading information about drone and watching YouTube videos, and looking into how to register drone to fly legal?
Look forward to any advice from the members [emoji106]

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Troyboy2.

The Mavic Air 2 seems to be very popular and is so far easy to use.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in the UK.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it.

We have over 120,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can. Thanks for joining!

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome, from the Midwest. I would suggest from my experience that the MA2 is the way to go if you have wind there. I do own a MM as well, also glad I purchased both, but the MA2 combo comes with more extras including a case which I have. I would not have ordered the MA2 unless it was the combo, well worth the money.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Anyhow i am thinking of getting the Mavic air 2 has my first drone this Christmas
emoji319.png

Do you think this model will be ok for a first timer?
Any of DJI's consumer drones would be okay for a first timer flyer. The Mavic Air 2 would be a great choice if it fits your needs and budget. It's DJI's latest consumer drone.

@Troyboy2 a couple of things to be aware of when you get your new drone ,and these are mainly for fliers in the UK ,you will need to register your drone with the CAA you get whats called a operator ID that cost at the moment is £9 per year ,then to enable you to fly you need to do a simple tick box question test to obtain you flyer ID this is free and lasts for 3 years all this is done on the CAA website
you will need a good card for the drone ,i use SanDisk extreme 64 gig they work well with DJI drones ,of course there are other brands available but they need to have a U3 rating ,a good investment is a foldable take off ,landing mat ,this gives the drone protection from loose material on the ground and also give something for the sensors to lock onto as the drone descends towards the home point when a RTH is initiated before you fly download the online manual and familiarise yourself with the different controls and ,most of all enjoy your new hobby

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and views from your part of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf