DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mavic and totally confused about Firmware update

woodsglen

Reactions
I've flown RC way back when....
1. Updated Firmware to the Mavic with laptop connection. Firmware was out of date. updated sucessfully

2. Download DJI app to Samsung S4

At first the screen on the phone told me to download the latest firmware from DJI.com and load it on the root drive of a USB device and insert it in the controller.

I've looked high and low on the DJI site ( mavic section ) and I do not see any firmware downloads.
I see the DJI app for windows, and a list of PDF files ( manuals, etc )

My phone - connected to the Mavic controller has the camera view, but no indication to update the firmware. I can only assume my controller is out of date since the copter was out of date.

Any idea what's going on. I do not want to fire this up and launch it if the controller and the mavic do not have the same firmware.

With everything they give you in the flymore kit you'd think they'd provide a simple usb cable to mate to the laptop.

I'll wait for any help you all can provide.

Also... do i need my Wifi or mobile Data connection to the phone when i fly.

I've ordered a Mav Mount and my IPAD Air does not have a data connection, only Wifi.
Thanks
WG

Update: After everything was shut down:

I just fired up the mavic, - fired up the controller and launched the DJI app and i got a notification up a new firmware update.

I guess problem solved, but still curious about why I could not find the update on the site, etc.

Thanks. WG

Not sure about the site. But you can download DJI Assistant software for Mac and Windows and upgrade or downgrade firmware from your PC. You will use the USB cable you use to charge your RC which will plug from PC OR MAC to your Mavic or RC.

Thanks, I finally figured it out. the micro USB port on the controller looked different than any cable I had. I thought it was proprietorial to mavic... then I noticed charge cable... DUH!! I'm always afraid to force those micro usb's and they do come ever so slight variations.

Nothing worked wireless but the update through the laptop was a piece of cake. Updated the transmitter and then refreshed the Mavic - since it was linked to the controller when I was updating that. All is Good. Now to print out and go over all of the controls, ( and the data on the cell phone display, ) then go out start with simple box patterns... when it stops raining.

Can't help you with the weather lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura