DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Mini 2 and NFZ

CoderGuyMan

Reactions
Hey all. I just bought a Mini 2 and am happy to be back in droneland. Four years ago I had a Phantom 4 Pro. While I enjoyed it, it was too big and bulky for my recreational weekend needs, so I sold it. I didn't buy another one at the time as there were too many restrictions and gawkers. The Mini 2 is perfect for my needs. I am purely recreational and really only enjoy getting epic landscape shots. One thing I do notice different from four years ago is the NFZ restrictions in the software. I live in a NFZ, but four years ago I could just click a box acknowledging that and still fly around my yard, now I can't (I mean really, if a plane was within 20 feet of my yard, I would have MUCH larger issues than FAA rules ?). I had to drive 10 miles away just to test the maiden flight. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for the restrictions, but am torn 50/50; half of me is glad they are taking safety seriously and helping us all to make sure people (well DJI owners at least, that haven't hacked their firmware) are not the cause of drone hatred, the other half of me is like "Don't tell me what to do!" ?

I notice there are a lot more places I can fly now vs four years ago, and I also notice a lot less interest from bystanders, which is also good.

I got some great shots this weekend, and look forward to learning everything about it. I rejoined AMA, they have some fields not too far from me, so I will be able to go out and learn about sport mode. I'm happy with the purchase, I love the DJI drones, and I am happy to be back in the community.

CG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98