DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the drone world.

wileywapiti

Reactions
Just thought I would find a place with a ton of info. on drones and things. I've decided to delve into the world of drones to spend more quality time with my, just turned teenager, son. I don't quite relate to his world of Social Media, and we both wanted more time together. This is the world we decided to enter, hopefully it will be a lifetime of fun and growing.

I have purchased the Mavic 2 zoom for myself and he wanted the mini. We aren't too worried about the video part of the drone world yet, but last night we had the zoom out for some much needed test runs, taking pictures of the neighborhood and the house. He thought that was the coolest thing ever.... So excited to read from all of you seasoned, and not so seasoned, pilots to become a much more confident pilot.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Sounds like an excellent means of father/son bonding. My dad has a passive interest in my droning but won't fly them.

When you both get more experience, you can look into having the Zoom activetrack the Mini.

welcome to you both, have fun together

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Very interesting first resonder, your handle is dirkclod. I grew up with that nickname from the neighbor kids. My first name is Dirk...lol thanks for reaching out.

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi ✋ from Florida ?. Just started flying with my son and grandsons this Thanksgiving. Talk about bonding. They previously took little interest in my hobby but now they are hooked. Have fun, your a smart dad.

Glad to see there are parents and teenagers that still want to spend quality time together. Thumbswayup
If you live in Wapiti, WY you live in a pretty part of the state.

Just thought I would find a place with a ton of info. on drones and things. I've decided to delve into the world of drones to spend more quality time with my, just turned teenager, son. I don't quite relate to his world of Social Media, and we both wanted more time together. This is the world we decided to enter, hopefully it will be a lifetime of fun and growing.

I have purchased the Mavic 2 zoom for myself and he wanted the mini. We aren't too worried about the video part of the drone world yet, but last night we had the zoom out for some much needed test runs, taking pictures of the neighborhood and the house. He thought that was the coolest thing ever.... So excited to read from all of you seasoned, and not so seasoned, pilots to become a much more confident pilot.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2Z, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123