DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New update for dji

D-Rosin

Reactions
Just saw a YouTube video, and the guy that made the video, said DJI updated there app, and started the remote I.D in this update? Is this true? And it's been awhile since I turn on my drone, when update it does ask if We want to update? But does it give us the option to Not update?

Finding some Benefits in this mess.

There our some bigger issues.

Most drone pilots keep there jobs a secret , meaning they dont just tell other drone pilots what companies hired them and where they our working so this is where I see some issues in the future.

Most likely there is going to be a fee for that app and no one is going to care about it , it will fade away as so many other apps have .

I can see how I am going to use it , for the next john doe that asks me about flying , I will whip that app out and use it any way i can to move my flight along as it might have more pull than a 107 permit .

Of course this type of Transparency always has its dark side.

It will be a nuisance for a month or so and fade away just like those number on the back of semis , that say how is my driving, no one liked that either , will get past it.

As far as those worried about being attacked , its a concern like any other and personal protection is always smart no matter where you go..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow
Coal

Last edited:
I think this Remote ID is going to have some benefits .

I like the Idea of telling people that the FAA is aware of my flight and my name and the path / make and model of my drone , for me this is powerful as most people our really not going to have a clue but once they see all the information and that I logged the flight , should make them feel more at ease whoever it may be.

There our some bigger issues.

Most drone pilots keep there jobs a secret , meaning they dont just tell other drone pilots what companies hired them and where they our working so this is where I see some issues in the future.

Most likely there is going to be a fee for that app and no one is going to care about it , it will fade away as so many other apps have .

I can see how I am going to use it , for the next john doe that asks me about flying , I will whip that app out and use it any way i can to move my flight along.

Of course this type of Transparency always has its dark side.

It will be a nuisance for a month or so and fade away just like those number on the back of semis , that say how is my driving, no one liked that either , will get past it.

As far as those worried about being attacked , its a concern like any other and personal protection is always smart no matter where you go..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow
Coal

Sorry....I’m not convinced this is good idea!

Reactions: strdr and D-Rosin
I have to agree this is a Terrible News.

Rather than throw in the towel and add to the negative comments , im gong to try to find a way to use it to my advantage and I think it beats showing someone your 107 permit. If i can gain some leverage using the app im going to use it to enhance my position if possible. None of this is on DJI its all coming from the FAA and how vulnerable China is now. .

Last edited:
I have to agree this is a Terrible News.

Rather than throw in the towel and go with the Hate , im gong to try to find a way to use it to my advantage and I think it beats showing someone your 107 permit. If i can gain some leverage using the app im going to use it to enhance my position if possible. None of this is on DJI its all coming from the FAA and how vulnerable China is now. .

That’s quite an assumption...I haven’t thrown in any towel, nor gone to hate! I just choose a different route to a solution.

Is this “Remote ID” going to limit where and when you can fly your drone?

That’s quite an assumption...I haven’t thrown in any towel, nor gone to hate! I just choose a different route to a solution.

There is no Assumption on my part, its referencing the 100 negative comments on the Youtube video posted by the OP.

Is this “Remote ID” going to limit where and when you can fly your drone?

Honestly Im not seeing this firmware update on my end, and Im in ohio so not sure of any details on how exactly its going to work or if the App is actually made for the public yet.

Honestly Im not seeing this firmware update on my end, and Im in ohio so not sure of any details on how exactly its going to work or if the App is actually made for the public yet.
What is “Remote ID” going to affect us as a normal weekend pilot?

Just saw a YouTube video, and the guy that made the video, said DJI updated there app, and started the remote I.D in this update? Is this true? And it's been awhile since I turn on my drone, when update it does ask if We want to update? But does it give us the option to Not update?
Exactly. Must Have Agreement to Allow this Privacy Encroachment or this is ILLEGAL...gotta be. Also just booted up my MavicAir, no update here...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest