DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New (used) Osmo+ owner questions

mjbok

Reactions
Got an Osmo+ last week. As I've been toying with it a couple of questions have come up.

1. Battery life. My batteries seem to drop the last 20 percent in a flash. What should a normal battery last? Also the battery seems to drain quickly during a moving TL. Is this normal?
2. I have both the plug in battery extender and the MP battery extender. Can the MP battery extender (slightly modified) be used with an Evo battery?
3. What options are there for 360 180 panos. Only 3rd party apps I'm guessing.
4. Is this a legacy platform? It seems like DJI hasn't updated it in a while.
5. Object tracking. Why isn't this in the DJI app? DJI says it can't be done. Other apps do it so it's not a hardware limitation.
6. What accessories are must have?

Looks like we are gonna be the only two here mjbok....

Just got mine a couple weeks ago too..... haven't used it enough to be able to answer your questions unfortunately...but, Iam out today with it

Reactions: Bezzy48
Looks like we are gonna be the only two here mjbok....

Just got mine a couple weeks ago too..... haven't used it enough to be able to answer your questions unfortunately...but, Iam out today with it

I like it, but there are issues with it. If you do a TL it is smooth and steady. If you do pics at intervals (to convert into TL) it is jerky. The lack of object tracking is DJI just not bothering to do it, much like a full 360 pano.

Fully updated.....?? Also, there are plenty of Osmo+ related YouTube videos that ya might check through.....

Fully updated.....?? Also, there are plenty of Osmo+ related YouTube videos that ya might check through.....

I haven't used it in a couple weeks so it is possible that there was a newer update, but the jerkiness in non TL pictures used for TL is well documented. Which would raise the question "why don't use just use the TL function?" The answer is because for some reason DJI crippled TL to 720p. It is possible these have been updated, but as this robust forum shows there aren't anybody here except us chickens.

There's other quibbles, like I got the phone adapter head (to use instead of the regular camera) and my phone only records video in 480 on it? This is a note 8, so not an old phone.

Yay! Other Osmo owners!!!

I just got a used Osmo. I bought it along with a nicely upgraded Inspire 1 (x5 camera, dual controllers, 5 batteries, several chargers). The previous owner snuck the power supply for the Osmo's battery charging hub, the vertical stabilizer thingie, the X5 adapter, the zoom lens for the x5, and a variable ND filter for the zoom lens out of the kit while he was loading it into my car I didn't realize until I got home and went to unpack. He left in an extra charger for the Inspire, and the Osmo battery hub, so maybe that was just a mistake. Anyway, I modified the cable that would usually be used to charge the Inspire controller's battery, so that it puts out the right voltage for the Osmo charging hub (10 minutes to cut the cable and splice in a 'buck converter', another 15 minutes to design a housing and send it to my 3D printer) and now I can charge both controllers, all 5 Inspire batteries and 4 Osmo batteries at the same time. :).

It's a 3 1/2 hour round trip. He admits he removed the things without telling me - he decided that I wasn't paying enough, so he changed the deal on his own. He's basically told me to get lost. I'm not even sure if it's worth doing a small claims court suit.

Looks like this is a really slow forum. I also have the OSMO + and I like most of the capabilities especially image stability. I was trying to install Vertical Studio however it wants an Activation Code. Does anyone know if there are any work arounds to this code or how to contact the designer?

And now, I am no longer an Osmo owner.
Sold the Osmo to cover the cost of a couple of extra lenses for the X5 gimbal (for use on my upgraded Inspire 1).
I do still have an Osmo Mobile 3 (bought about a month ago, and now the OM4 has been released...)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929