DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New User for Mavic Pro

Usacidc

Reactions
The last two times I flew my MP the controller went to disconnected and I lost video feed on my iPhone.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try to figure out what is reducing your range:
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Mavic and remote controller
  • Try flying in a location where you know there are no other nearby Wi-Fi signals (e.g. don't fly in a house neighborhood)

Reactions: Carb63
Also you might try another cable, they tend to fail...

The last two times I flew my MP the controller went to disconnected and I lost video feed on my iPhone.
Just wanting to confirm, when you say the "controller went to disconnected", I believe you are referring to the Go 4 app on your iPhone. If you pull the cable to the iPhone the iPhone will display "Disconnected" whereas if the RC becomes disconnected from the MP the RC will display "Aircraft Connecting". Also if the RC becomes disconnected from the MP you will have no controll of the MP and you did not mention a loss of control.

So...If the iPhone is not connecting, the main causes are the cable, another buggy Go 4 update, or a problem with your iPhone (less likely).

If the RC is disconnecting, the main causes are antenna position, obstructions, or interference.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try to figure out what is reducing your range:
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Mavic and remote controller
  • Try flying in a location where you know there are no other nearby Wi-Fi signals (e.g. don't fly in a house neighborhood)
Thank Sir. Never thought of airplane mode. I did fly in my neighborhood and that’s where I notice the signal drop the most.

hi , can i ask what type of phone is it, make and model... you would be surprised... if its a budget phone that the feed will be choppy and lose connection

Ok then that wouldn't be the problem here...you do have the drone set to rc and not wifi dont you20190524_122538.jpeg

Are you using the connector at the bottom of the controller, and not the little cheesy 3 inchy cablette that came with the kit?

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkycat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf