DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New User from Indiana

Reactions
Hello from Indiana. I am a new home inspector and plan on using a drone for unwalkable roofs as well as for fun. I am currently trying to sift through all of the differences on the Mavic drones. I want one that takes the highest quality photos and possibly has the ability to zoom. From what I am finding there are no Mavic drones that zoom on still photos. Is that correct? Currently leaning towards the DJI Air 2S. Any help and info from veterans would be appreciated.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Inspector General from a fellow Hoosier.

I am a new home inspector and plan on using a drone for unwalkable roofs as well as for fun.

If you didn't know, If you use a drone for commercial work, you'll need to have a Part 107 certificate to lawfully use it for the business.

Whichever drone you get, it'll need to be registered with the FAA.

Last but not least, you'll have to pass the TRUST quiz and have a copy with you when flying.

From what I am finding there are no Mavic drones that zoom on still photos. Is that correct?

I think the Mavic2 Zoom has the ability for zoom photography. ?

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I will begin by using it for fun while I work skills and on my Part 107 certification. Unfortunately, by the time I added the fly more bundle, a case, and taxes the Mavic 2 Zoom is about $2000 and that is just a little more than I can spend.

Thank you for the info. I will begin by using it for fun while I work skills and on my Part 107 certification. Unfortunately, by the time I added the fly more bundle, a case, and taxes the Mavic 2 Zoom is about $2000 and that is just a little more than I can spend.
Indiana - a decent place to live. No earthquakes, hurricanes, wild fires, mud slides, tsunamis, volcanoes, or avalanches. Other than that it's pretty boring, but I like it.

Reactions: Steel63
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

If you're looking for zoom, wait a few weeks for the Mavic 3 to be released. It's possibly expensive but, even if it's over your budget, there's a good chance it'll drive the prices of the M2 models.
I was kinda thinking that. Do you know when the Mavic 3 is scheduled to drop? The available stock of zooms is pretty low unless you want to get one on ebay and I don't trust the sellers on there.

Reactions: Steel63
I was kinda thinking that. Do you know when the Mavic 3 is scheduled to drop? The available stock of zooms is pretty low unless you want to get one on ebay and I don't trust the sellers on there.
Apparently, it's 10/20.

See this thread.

Also, check out the Autel EVO III - soon to be released. The specs look great and, with any luck, they might undercut DJI on pricing.

Welcome to the forum! :)

The M2zoom is a capable tool for what you describe. They do show up on this site at times. As mentioned, with the new one about to be added to the ever growing list, used pricing will probably change. Something that is very noticeable is the drop in the phantom line costs since all the mavic mini products became available. The phantom 4 pro would be a good picture taker, but no zoom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+