DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New user to decide between FCC & CE drone in Europe.

Neel194

Reactions
Hi all,

I recently purchased a mini from amazon which is due for delivery tomorrow, I was also one of the (I think!) many people who were fooled by the 4KM range.

Since finding out the drone mostly maxes out on 500M, I’ve been considering purchasing an FCC model.

Is it true that If I buy the FCC model, that I will get better hardware and range whilst using the drone in Europe?

Apart from potential warranty issues, which I don’t think will be a problem, as I’m obliged to walk into Apple in say the USA for instance and buy a DJI and keep warranty I’d assume, what would be the advantages of me to acquire an FCC mini? Will I see better range? I understand there’s a hack for CE model, does the hack asp work for FCC in U.K? As I’ve read that FCC reverts back to CE mode whilst flying in Europe therefore maxing out similar to CE models whilst flying in Europe.

In layman terms, will the FCC model work with the hack in Europe? And will the range of the FCC drone (with hack in europe) be considerably more than the CE drone (with hack in Europe)

And I do need the range, as I head down to the south quite a bit as well as the districts in the U.K, where I need the range to shoot some footage.
Many thanks!

Hi all,

I recently purchased a mini from amazon which is due for delivery tomorrow, I was also one of the (I think!) many people who were fooled by the 4KM range.

Since finding out the drone mostly maxes out on 500M, I’ve been considering purchasing an FCC model.

Is it true that If I buy the FCC model, that I will get better hardware and range whilst using the drone in Europe?

Apart from potential warranty issues, which I don’t think will be a problem, as I’m obliged to walk into Apple in say the USA for instance and buy a DJI and keep warranty I’d assume, what would be the advantages of me to acquire an FCC mini? Will I see better range? I understand there’s a hack for CE model, does the hack asp work for FCC in U.K? As I’ve read that FCC reverts back to CE mode whilst flying in Europe therefore maxing out similar to CE models whilst flying in Europe.

In layman terms, will the FCC model work with the hack in Europe? And will the range of the FCC drone (with hack in europe) be considerably more than the CE drone (with hack in Europe)

And I do need the range, as I head down to the south quite a bit as well as the districts in the U.K, where I need the range to shoot some footage.
Many thanks!
welcome to the forum,
couple of points if you were to purchase the US version in the US then your warranty would only be honoured in the US,the other thing to be aware of is when flying in the EU ,UK then you would be in breach of max allowed radio transmission signal strength, as it has not been approved for use in the EU or UK

Hi thanks for the information.

So if I bought the Mavic mini FCC and attempted to fly in the U.K, would it automatically lose connection at similar distances to CE version? Or will it outperform the CE version, even if it’s a little bit?

FYI by performance I mean range.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Reactions: wjkrysak
Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support here. We look forward to your participation.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi thanks for the information.

So if I bought the Mavic mini FCC and attempted to fly in the U.K, would it automatically lose connection at similar distances to CE version?

FYI by performance I mean range.

From what I've read, yes.
You can do a hack that shows your geographic location as the US, check out this thread . . .

Hi all,

Many thanks!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! It's doable to trick the location, but kind of a pain to keep it from reverting back. Honestly I think you'll be fine keeping the CE version unless you simply want to go for distance. Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Neel194
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143