DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Version of Fly App for Avata and Goggles

frcaloy

Reactions
When I opened the DJI Fly App this morning, I was prompted that there is a new update for the App. My Samsung A32 5g is running on v. 1.6.12 so there must be a newer version. My Realme 9 Pro+ is still on v.1.6.12 because the flight data does not upload on v.1.6.12.
The prompt says that the upgrade is for the Avata and the Goggles.
Will not upgrade just yet. Has anyone tried the upgrade?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-100424.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-100424.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 13
The new version is 1.7. Gave it a quick spin earlier, seemed alright so far.

Reactions: frcaloy
This update is listed as being tied to the new Avata. Are you folks that are updating all going to be flying this new aircraft?
Just curious. Thanks.

the associated info says that it also fixes certain issues (?) and optimises overall app quality.
This wording is in every update I’ve seen ever seen from DJI. Basically a catch all phrase.

Thought I'd put my trust in the Fly app update when I've just bought a new Mini 2, app crashed on first launch with my new Mini 2 using Redmi Note 8 as ok'd as feasible phone for Fly by DJI. Reverted back to DJI Fly 1.4.8, the last Fly that works on all my devices and drones RELIABLY. I have no Avata nor 'Goggles' so will stick to what is reliable.

Reactions: frcaloy
Thought I'd put my trust in the Fly app update when I've just bought a new Mini 2, app crashed on first launch with my new Mini 2 using Redmi Note 8 as ok'd as feasible phone for Fly by DJI. Reverted back to DJI Fly 1.4.8, the last Fly that works on all my devices and drones RELIABLY. I have no Avata nor 'Goggles' so will stick to what is reliable.
App is smartphone brand sensitive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User