DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new vr goggles

Designed for a totally different system than the Mavic experience. They’re FPV for just that. I’ve never flown FPV so can’t say whether they are worth a hoot for that purpose. Being a DJI product though, surely they gotta be decent.

My question was to the OP. I’m interested which goggles he has, not in a lesson on FAA regs. That’s a seperate issue.
I am assuming he is referring to DJIs new FPV system.

Looks like an interesting solution for racing...the goggles are unique in appearance, and the remote appears to use the same frame as the Inspire 2. It would also be an interesting accessory for a Halloween costume ha ha.

I’d be interested to know if it’s using an Occusync protocol.

(As to the remarks regarding compliance in the US...if you’re flying inside it’s no problem; outside if you’re a recreational pilot you need to have a VO standing next to you to maintain VLOS.
Part 107 pilots can have one or more VOs, communicating by radio.)

Again, the target market is drone racing...so I wonder how rugged the airborne hardware is...

Reactions: Rattydude77
Flying with them on in the U.S. is illegal.

That's not accurate. You just need a spotter, which can be pretty much anyone, especially if you have a Part 107 and know what to tell them to look out for.

Reactions: dougiefresh27

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike