DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW YOUTUBE RULES - Let's Help Each Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roflyer

Reactions
Hello guys,

I've just started a YouTube Channel dedicated to drone and scuba videos, and YouTube have just changed its rules. Now we need to have at least 1000 subscribers to get your content monetized.

I'd like to ask you guys (if you like the content), to subscribe my channel, and I will do the same for you... Let's share our channel links so the community can grow up the subscribers and get some reward for sharing our work!

here is my channel link:
Rodrigo CL
Rodrigo CL

Last edited by a moderator:
The new rules seem to not inspire budding videographers to invest time and resources into putting out creative content in hopes to see some revenue and grow.

The viewing hours is more the problem, and you have to maintain the 4000 hours on a running basis.
If you manage to do it you are only making peanuts unless you are in the big league - just forget it unless you're a creative genius

I don't consider myself a "creative genius", but I'm a positive person, and I know everything is possible when you do with passion... The point here is to get some support of this community for creating focused content. So if you'd like to support, if you like my videos, and if you want to subscribe, I'd be gratefull...

Anyone who subscribe I'll retribute the favor.

Thank you!!!

Reactions: vanim8
To the OP, who cares about YouTube monetisation?
This is just a hobby for the vast majority here, I guess
And above all, YouTube is not a democracy...
For me focus is on flying, capturing nice pictures and video, not making money...
If you’re making money, your focus will soon will be ‘likes’ and ‘views’ above anything else...
Your post is all about that already :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fahr and Howcroft22
All i can see it doing is encouraging a small minority to do even more stupid things to get more veiws, ive seen it with another hobby im involved with, people doing more and more stupid dangerous life threatening things just to get more likes, its completely ruined that hobby for most people.

Im sure there is already people out there dreaming up more extreme ways to attrct people to their utube, i wonder how long before we see some idiot purposefully try and interacted their drone into a plane or its engine, just so they can be the first to upload and say they did it :mad:

Anyway rant over :)

Just to add, im no way implying that in anyway on the op and as long as hes flying safe or whatever it is hes doing on his utube i wish him ever success :)

Well guys, I'm just asking for support, that's all... I appreciate who can do that. They will get the same support in trade. There are a number of threads about flight safety, and I already know YouTube policies... The main purpose of flying a drone with a camera is making videos. Some make it for pleasure, some make it for money and some make nothing.... In DJI forum, I published the exact same thread and people are supporting each other...

If you don't want to help, I respect.... but at least let's leave this space for people that want to...

All the best!!

Youtube monetisation is a relatively new thing anyway.
Google are a commercial company and will have decided to make it tougher presumably because it doesn't make sense financially dealing with millions of users making $10 a month or less.

We should really be grateful for the excellent service we get for free.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage of up to 4K videos, and the social media aspects which can still be used to further building an online presence if that's what you want.

Very few channels (now) with mainly aerial video are going to make monetisation target
Five years ago it was something new and you might have managed it if you could do decent basic editing.

Youtube monetisation is a relatively new thing anyway.
Google are a commercial company and will have decided to make it tougher presumably because it doesn't make sense financially dealing with millions of users making $10 a month or less.

- Unlimited bandwidth and storage of up to 4K videos, and the social media aspects which can still be used to further building an online presence if that's what you want.

Very few channels (now) with mainly aerial video are going to make monetisation target
Five years ago it was something new and you might have managed it if you could do decent basic editing.
Thanks for your thoughts... will you subscribe?

Haha. You called this Anthony Viscomi !! It’s only been what, a week or two since you said people would be coming on here peddling thier YouTube channels trying to get subscribers.

Youtube change of policy

Reactions: 4wd
Subbed, no need to return favour, don't have a channel.

Reactions: roflyer
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage of up to 4K videos.

Yup, that's exactly what I use YouTube for. Saving me a lot of HDD space.

Shame they took away the video editing tools. Was able to carry out basic editing of 4k video with that. My laptop won't even play those 4k files!

Why bother with monetisation? YouTube is for the pleasure of watching good videos, not to make money. Only a very few make real money. It works out at approximately $100 for 100,000 views a month...please don’t ask me how I know.

Reactions: Howcroft22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22