DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbee from Russia

venscorp

Reactions
Hi All! I want to consult with experienced dji pilots. Now I owner Autel Evo Nano Plus, and camera is great for me, but it wind resistance is ugly, I desided to move to dji mini 3 pro, cause its camera is also good, but different from autel. But I'm afraid that in reality the speed characteristics of the 3rd model are worse than those of the second, because, like the Autel - mini 3 pro heavier with sensors and a heavier camera with the same motors than was mini 2 pro. What do you think? Are my doubts justified and is the 2nd model faster or am I winding myself up and everything is fine?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots !!!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America venscorp.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome aboard pilot! I would copy and paste your comments into the Mini 3 Pro thread (or maybe the moderators will). You are getting a lot of warm greetings because this is the 'Pilot Check-in' thread which is usually just new pilots saying 'hello, I'm new here'. We are happy to have you.

Welcome aboard pilot! I would copy and paste your comments into the Mini 3 Pro thread (or maybe the moderators will). You are getting a lot of warm greetings because this is the 'Pilot Check-in' thread which is usually just new pilots saying 'hello, I'm new here'. We are happy to have you.
Thank You Sir. Great forum and attitude to newcomers =)

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hi All! I want to consult with experienced dji pilots. Now I owner Autel Evo Nano Plus, and camera is great for me, but it wind resistance is ugly, I desided to move to dji mini 3 pro, cause its camera is also good, but different from autel. But I'm afraid that in reality the speed characteristics of the 3rd model are worse than those of the second, because, like the Autel - mini 3 pro heavier with sensors and a heavier camera with the same motors than was mini 2 pro. What do you think? Are my doubts justified and is the 2nd model faster or am I winding myself up and everything is fine?
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
You will not have the same wind problems that you have with you Autel Nano. I am not sure if the Mini 3 is heavier than the Mini 2, but probably in the same weight range. The Mini 3 is designed to fly with a steeper pitch than the Mini 2 largely to the new camera design which will fight the wind much better.

Добро пожаловать на форум.

У вас не будет таких же проблем с ветром, как с Autel Nano. Я не уверен, что Mini 3 тяжелее Mini 2, но, вероятно, в том же весовом диапазоне. Mini 3 предназначен для полета с более крутым уклоном, чем Mini 2, в основном благодаря новому дизайну камеры, которая намного лучше противостоит ветру.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Even Autel's bigger and heavier models struggle in wind resistance compared to DJIs.

Mini 3 does nicely, though stability is r eally jumpy:
But that's just the nature of such light weight without equally small aerodynamic cross section for wind to push from.
(higher force per mass = higher acceleration)

With nearly 140% more mass without much additional wind cross section Air 2S shouldn't be as jumpy.

By the way the mini 3 pro should be about the same weight as the mini 2, as well as the mini as the mini line is made to be a sub-250 gram drone so they're all 249g or less by a couple grams (the larger battery option will put the mini 3 pro over a little if used).

Heavier drones seem to be more stable in general (such as the air 2s vs the mini 3 pro), but reviews so far show the mini 3 handling decently considering.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett