DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie- can't get new mavic to fly

Rayatthebeach

Reactions
just got new mavic pro. Can't get it to fly. It appears that I'm in e5 airspace. It says proceed with caution. It looks like the mavic is launching On the controller, and shows movement but drone is still on ground. I. Can't get it to launch. Help. I've downloaded the go 4 app. Registered it. Says "ready to fly". I haven't calibrated the drone and can't figure out how. Is this an airspace issue or a drone issue. Obviously probably pilot error, but where do I start? I've watched the videos on the go 4 app. No help.

Does it show GPS bars? (ie satellites) Also, what are the craft's rear lights doing?

Try travelling to an are with no flying restrictions to see if that is the problem.
There are a few apps that will show your the flight zones

Get the airmap or kittyhawk app. They will tell you if you are in a no fly zone. I recently went to ft.lauderdal and I couldn't fly. Sandwiched between two airports...

just got new mavic pro. Can't get it to fly. It appears that I'm in e5 airspace. It says proceed with caution. It looks like the mavic is launching On the controller, and shows movement but drone is still on ground. I. Can't get it to launch. Help. I've downloaded the go 4 app. Registered it. Says "ready to fly". I haven't calibrated the drone and can't figure out how. Is this an airspace issue or a drone issue. Obviously probably pilot error, but where do I start? I've watched the videos on the go 4 app. No help.

Hi

We need more information. Are you managing to get the motors turning via the controller using the joysticks towards each other?

After that is the right forward causing the aircraft to fly ?

If not what happens?

I'll download app to see. There's a noise coming from aircraft. Props do not turn. When I use joysticks, it says "taking off" and shows elevation increasing...as if I were in a simulator mode. I've used the simulation mode, and turned it off. I simply can't get the props to turn. I live very near the ocean. I'll look at link provided now.

I'll download app to see. There's a noise coming from aircraft. Props do not turn. When I use joysticks, it says "taking off" and shows elevation increasing...as if I were in a simulator mode. I've used the simulation mode, and turned it off. I simply can't get the props to turn. I live very near the ocean. I'll look at link provided now.
Hi

Also make sure the gimbal lock is taken out and tell us any error messages on the app

Hi there from what you are telling us, the app is undoubtedly still on simulator mode, or you appear to be linked to someone else’s drone, which is very unlikely. I’m any event what you should be seeing on your screen is a live feed of your camera with the system status on the top. Do you see that?

Have you started the motors bringing the joysticks down and pointing towards each other ?

Hey Ray, matey might I respectfully suggest having a look at this link??
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf
As others have said...please look/read the manual. Not knowing whether or not you have satellites is a little/lot alarming.

As others have said...please look/read the manual

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf
You are totally right about reading the manual, but link them to the latest one. Sheesh. ;) :p

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf

Reactions: Simmo and Callum

Are you seeing what the camera sees, or a picture of the whole drone against a generic background.
It would be wild if you were hooked to another drone. We'll keep an eye out for a post that says his new drone keeps taking off by itself!

I Thank you need to find someone that knows drones near you to come a give you a quick basics lesion or spend 8 hr's watching video's on YouTube, there are hours and hours of very good videos on learning to fly the Mavic. All the do and don'ts Good Luck Where are you at??

North Myrtle beach/cherry grove SC. Appears to be an airspace issue. Took it to work today a couple miles from my home, and the rotors started turning like they should. Haven't had time to play with it. So weird. When in simulator mode, u could see the aircraft like in an arcade mode. When out of simulator mode...when I was trying to get it to fly, I could see the actual camera feed from the drone, and it said taking off...and it showed the altitude numbers to be increasing...but the drone just sitting there, and the camera feed steady, at ground level. It was weird that the app thought the drone was elevating?!?
I appear to be in enhanced E4 airspace? apparently I should be able to unlock this airspace? I'm real busy with the business right now and didn't realize this thing was going to require such an educational commitment...lord! I just wanna fly it lol.

Reactions: radman
The rotors would not start turning when I put joysticks into down inward position. A box came up that stated " restricted airspace, fly at own risk" I checked the box and acknowledged and still couldn't get the rotors to turn. I have a hospital with a helipad like 1.3 miles away, and enhanced warning zones that I'm in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11