Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Editing Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 133794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133794

If i record video onto a micro sd card in a Android 8.1 tablet,
can that video then be downloaded onto IOS and PC.
Or is it Android to Android and IOS to IOS only. The tablet
would be a Tripltek 7 so just wondering what options i've then
got to edit the videos IE IOS/PC or both.
Sorry for this very basic question but i'm just starting
out in the world of video editing/posting.

Almost all Androids will represent their storage as external storage when connected to a PC/Mac. That is, those folders that don't require root to access.

File transfers with iOS is a bit more tricky. You usually need iTunes to make the transfer.

Video files are pretty much universal but some of the more advanced encoding or higher resolutions might not be able to be handled by other systems. It doesn't have much to do with OS.

Thank you DanMan32 for your reply.
I wasn't to sure wether to go Mac or PC.
We have both at home at the moment, but both are very old
and need replacing.

I assume when you were referring to iOS you were referencing an iPad or tablet. Downloading off a card to a Mac or PC should be no problem. But to an iPad requiring iTunes? The way I envision iTunes is as the security guard on the Roach Motel. I've been able to get (my own) recordings in, but can't get them out.

If you record a file on a SD card there should be no issues uploading and editing on a PC which is what I'd recommend for someone that classifies himself as a newbie.

Thanks Vindibona1 for your help. Yes i'm very much a newbie,
i mucked about many years ago on Photoshop elements but
haven't done any thing since then, so pretty much starting
from the beginning. ?

If i record video onto a micro sd card in a Android 8.1 tablet,
can that video then be downloaded onto IOS and PC.
Or is it Android to Android and IOS to IOS only. The tablet
would be a Tripltek 7 so just wondering what options i've then
got to edit the videos IE IOS/PC or both.
Sorry for this very basic question but i'm just starting
out in the world of video editing/posting.
I had this same problem. Apple makes transferring files hard (and stupid). The simple solution get a magic little device like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TF7CVZX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that allows you to transfer files from Android to Apple or reverse.

Almost all Androids will represent their storage as external storage when connected to a PC/Mac. That is, those folders that don't require root to access.

File transfers with iOS is a bit more tricky. You usually need iTunes to make the transfer.

Video files are pretty much universal but some of the more advanced encoding or higher resolutions might not be able to be handled by other systems. It doesn't have much to do with OS.
Just drag and drop the individual files to your desktop... that’s how I have done it for years.

You would be best served to use your home computers, take your card out of aircraft insert into computer and edit and upload that file from there.
Thats assuming the videos OP was referring to were flight videos. He simply asked about videos recorded on his Android tablet which might not be drone related at all.

Thats assuming the videos OP was referring to were flight videos. He simply asked about videos recorded on his Android tablet which might not be drone related at all.
They are all drone related video. Thanks for everyone's help, you learn
loads on here if you ask questions. ????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11