DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie--Entering Verification Code from Kittyhawk

takethetour

Reactions
I have a new Mavic Air 2, with an Ipad mini as my viewing screen (no cell service on Mini). My drone is telling me I need authorization to fly up to 200ft. So I use the Kittyhawk App on my Iphone to receive a verification code. I can't figure out what I should do with this code and how I should enter it into the DJI Fly app on my mini. When I click on the three small dots--and I go to "Unlock GEO Zone", it tells me to log into your DJI account to view your unlocking licenses. But my Ipad Mini is not connected to the internet--it's just used as a larger screen--what am I missing here. Is my Iphone that received the verification supposed to connect with the aircraft to unlock it in some way and allow my flight??

I have a new Mavic Air 2, with an Ipad mini as my viewing screen (no cell service on Mini). My drone is telling me I need authorization to fly up to 200ft. So I use the Kittyhawk App on my Iphone to receive a verification code. I can't figure out what I should do with this code and how I should enter it into the DJI Fly app on my mini. When I click on the three small dots--and I go to "Unlock GEO Zone", it tells me to log into your DJI account to view your unlocking licenses. But my Ipad Mini is not connected to the internet--it's just used as a larger screen--what am I missing here. Is my Iphone that received the verification supposed to connect with the aircraft to unlock it in some way and allow my flight??
Set your phone up as a Wifi hotspot, then use the wifi on the ipad mini to connect to dji and log into your account. I fly my MA2 with almost the same setup as you, except my phone is android. Doing that also gives you the maps in the fly app.

You can "pre-plan" your flight on your tablet connected to home wifi with KittyHawk and get authorization that way as well. That is if you "know" where you will be flying.

Set your phone up as a Wifi hotspot, then use the wifi on the ipad mini to connect to dji and log into your account. I fly my MA2 with almost the same setup as you, except my phone is android. Doing that also gives you the maps in the fly app.
Thanks Bill for the idea concerning using Iphone as hotspot--quick question--should I be using the DJI Self Unlocking site for obtaining the needed authorization or will this setup work with authorizations from a site such as kittyhawk?? And if so--how??

Kittyhawk is for getting LAANC authorization from local air traffic control if you need it. Kittyhawk is not connected to DJI. Depending on how close you are to an airport tower, you may need both.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi