DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie From DFW, Texas

FlyGirlTX

Reactions
Hi Y’all. I am new here; actually stumbled on this site looking for new places to go fly.

I have been flying my Mavic since July 2021 when I passed my Part 107. I’m doing real estate drone work and love flying. My 16 year old is studying for the exam now, and it is something we really enjoy doing together.

We are both eager to learn!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Have you flown over any of the lakes in/around Dallas?
I have had good luck with:
  • White Rock Lake (also near Flagpole Hill)
  • Lake Lewisville
  • Lake Ray Hubbard
I would be interested to hear if you've flown over any not on this list.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Have you flown over any of the lakes in/around Dallas?
I have had good luck with:
  • White Rock Lake (also near Flagpole Hill)
  • Lake Lewisville
  • Lake Ray Hubbard
I would be interested to hear if you've flown over any not on this list.
Yes - we have been out to Lake Lewisville. We have also flown in Ft Worth by the Trinity River, south of west 7th. We went out to fly at White Rock Lake about a week ago and it was so crowded that we couldn’t even find a place to park - so we left. Today we were thinking about going out toward Possum Kingdom and the Brazos River.

Howdy from just a hop, skip and 2 hour jump south of you in the Houston area. What are you flying? I have two M1P's. How is the RE photo bus going? I have been thinking about getting my 107 but havent pulled the plug yet.
I have a MaVic Pro 2 and LOVE it!!! I wish that I knew more places to fly! That has been the biggest struggle - seems Texas is so big but so limited.

I was a HS geography teacher and quit for some reasons bout 18 months ago. I have been doing RE for about 3 months and really enjoy it. The biggest problem is that there isn’t much work right now. Get you 107 and be ready for spring :)

Yes - we have been out to Lake Lewisville. We have also flown in Ft Worth by the Trinity River, south of west 7th. We went out to fly at White Rock Lake about a week ago and it was so crowded that we couldn’t even find a place to park - so we left. Today we were thinking about going out toward Possum Kingdom and the Brazos River.
Let me know if either of those are good for flying. Fort Worth is a bit far for me (live in North Dallas).

Welcome to the MavicPilots forum. Enjoy, and happy flying! 👋🏾

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser