DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Hialeah/ Miami, FL

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
I personally use KittyHawk for authorizations. It can vary on approval times.
Are you referring to MIA or Opalocka Airports. MIA does support LAANC.

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

Haven’t flown in FL yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens. The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

Lots of fellow neighbors and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Hi all, super newbie here from Hialeah, FL. Got my Mavic Air 2, after debating for for a few years. Waiting for my FAA drone zone authorization, the nearest airport OPF doesnt use LAANC. Anyhow have an idea how long the authorizations takes?

Let me also welcome you to the forum...a real treat to have this asset for all of us. I am a fellow Miami resident (Coral Gables) and I worked in Hialeah for 38 years. Lots of nice places to fly here if you are careful.

Hi. I am from Miami too. Which places do you recommend? Thanks in advanced.
First of all, I try to keep at least 5 miles away from the airport. I do live in a zone where there are no restrictions in Coral Gables. To specifically answer your questions, I would recommend that you go to my Vimeo site. There you will see all of the places I have flown. To name a few, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, Coconut Grove Waterfront, Southpoint Park, Bayfront Park waterfront behind the Intercontinental Hotel, Tamiami Trail turnouts near the Everglades Park entrance, flying away from the park. I practice at Continental Park in South Dade, usually on a week day morning (too many people on week end), pier behind Bayside MarketPlace. Here is the vimeo. site with lots of my Florida shoots.

Watch this video and at the end you will have the option to go to other videos off mine on Vimeo.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for the welcome all ?.
I did find some previous topics on the question. I'm near to Opalocka airport

I'm 78 years old now, but I grew up in Carol City and graduated from Miami Jackson Senior High way back in 1960. I just go a Mavic Air 2 also. Maybe someday I could drop by and fly with you! (smile) Cheers, Ed

I'm 78 years old now, but I grew up in Carol City and graduated from Miami Jackson Senior High way back in 1960. I just go a Mavic Air 2 also. Maybe someday I could drop by and fly with you! (smile) Cheers, Ed
send me your e-mail and we can discuss it. [email protected]

Welome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great info here. We have a retail drone shop in Fort Myers, if you are ever in the area feel free to stop by! As far as air space authorizations, it really depends on airport, some can be instant and some an take a lot longer. Shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Air 2.

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hi all, super newbie here from Hialeah, FL. Got my Mavic Air 2, after debating for for a few years. Waiting for my FAA drone zone authorization, the nearest airport OPF doesnt use LAANC. Anyhow have an idea how long the authorizations takes?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato