DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from North Vancouver

Vague Nerd

Reactions
Greetings from North Vancouver where today quite unexpectedly a large yellow ball just rose in the east and seems to be making its way westward through the sky. So strange. No rain.

I am new to the forum. Just got my Canadian advanced pilot certificate... and just waiting for my M2 Zoom to arrive (seems the rain is keeping not just drones but the cargo planes out of the sky too).

I have been flying a Mavic Mini for about 8 months. (I love this drone flying thing... how did it take me so long to find it?) I am guy who really likes to follow the rules (correction, I don't LIKE following rules... I am just afraid of fines and hurting people) and I have been struck by just how hard it is to find legal places to fly in North Vancouver-- living near 7 aerodromes doesn't help nor do all the restrictions against flying in national, provincial, regional, and municipal parks. If any of you have suggestions for locations I would love to hear from you!!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from North Vancouver where today quite unexpectedly a large yellow ball just rose in the east and seems to be making its way westward through the sky. So strange. No rain.

I am new to the forum. Just got my Canadian advanced pilot certificate... and just waiting for my M2 Zoom to arrive (seems the rain is keeping not just drones but the cargo planes out of the sky too).

I have been flying a Mavic Mini for about 8 months. (I love this drone flying thing... how did it take me so long to find it?) I am guy who really likes to follow the rules (correction, I don't LIKE following rules... I am just afraid of fines and hurting people) and I have been struck by just how hard it is to find legal places to fly in North Vancouver-- living near 7 aerodromes doesn't help nor do all the restrictions against flying in national, provincial, regional, and municipal parks. If any of you have suggestions for locations I would to hear from you!!
Hello Vague Nerd,
I feel your pain about where to fly legally. I’m in Calgary and it’s basically a huge no fly zone for anything but the mini. I usually need to drive up to an hour outside the city to fly my MA 2. Once we have this pandemic under control, I plan on approaching some of the farm land owners around the city to see if they would mind drone flying on their land. I’m curious why you got your advanced license instead of just the basic, which I have. Do you want to use your drone for business reasons?
Cheers and stay safe.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett