DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Santa Clarita, CA

SmokeyMAV

Reactions
Hi all,

Been on just a few flights so far with my Mavic Pro. So far so good..wanted to practice further today, but had warnings with airspace..too close to a municipal airport (a couple of miles away), and had a red notice not to fly. If I am in beginner mode, am I not able to take just some overhead aerial shots at a minimum..?
Thank you for your help..

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum SmokeyMAV we are happy to have you. The answer to your question is no.

When there is a TFR or NFZ established you can't even fly a paper airplane. The DJI app won't let you. Be careful with this. If you are airborne when a TFR goes into effect DJI's app will land your drone (no matter where it is within the TFR) and you will have zero control to stop it. There are plenty of horror stories about this.

It's best to drive a few miles to get clear of it. Heck, Santa Clarita has plenty of open Class G airspace to fly. Beautiful country up there. Tons of mountains. Have fun! Be safe!

Welcome to the forum! :)

If I am in beginner mode, am I not able to take just some overhead aerial shots at a minimum..?
Enabling beginner mode will not allow you to fly in no fly zones.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi all,

Been on just a few flights so far with my Mavic Pro. So far so good..wanted to practice further today, but had warnings with airspace..too close to a municipal airport (a couple of miles away), and had a red notice not to fly. If I am in beginner mode, am I not able to take just some overhead aerial shots at a minimum..?
Thank you for your help..
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom