DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from South Mississippi, finally have real drone &Thoughts on TAB M10 FHD + Tablet

Jeff6645

Reactions
Hey everyone, glad to be here!

I live in south MS and can't wait to get some awesome shots from around the area!

I have been working my way up the drone food chain and finally have a real drone the Mavic Air 2. Today was my 1st day to fly MA2 what a step up from my SG906 drone! I made a DIY landing pad from tips I found here and also made me a homemade sunscreen. The biggest takeaway is I need to upgrade my controller ASAP, I bought the TAB M10 FHD Plus, the issues I had with it are:

1. Can't see it in sunlight, made a sunshade it helped some but still had trouble seeing the screen.
2. Video is choppy or freezes totally (brand new, now apps installed only the DIJ app)
3. Plus it doesn't have a compass, not a deal killer but along with the two above issues this is a deal killer.

So going to send it back to Amazon, along with the case and screen protectors.

I want a dedicated tablet or phone to use with my drone, but right now my budget is around $250, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

My DYI landing pad
landing pad2.png

I am loving the MavicPilots forum!! Learning so much from the commiuty.

Get a M2P and a.new IOS pad. JMO​

You can’t help it your from south Ms. Come on North and we​

teach ya somothing ?
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .

Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?​

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum! So good of you to say hello to everyone. Nice landing pad...I recognize the interlocking pieces!

After a year of flying I bought a Smart Controller...and wow! Just saying it could be worth filling a piggy bank for a little bit.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Jeff6645.

I like the Starfleet insignia for the pointer on the pad.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and views of your world.

I live in south MS and can't wait to get some awesome shots from around the area!

I have been working my way up the drone food chain and finally have a real drone the Mavic Air 2. Today was my 1st day to fly MA2 what a step up from my SG906 drone! I made a DIY landing pad from tips I found here and also made me a homemade sunscreen. The biggest takeaway is I need to upgrade my controller ASAP, I bought the TAB M10 FHD Plus, the issues I had with it are:

1. Can't see it in sunlight, made a sunshade it helped some but still had trouble seeing the screen.
2. Video is choppy or freezes totally (brand new, now apps installed only the DIJ app)
3. Plus it doesn't have a compass, not a deal killer but along with the two above issues this is a deal killer.

I want a dedicated tablet or phone to use with my drone, but right now my budget is around $250, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

My DYI landing pad
View attachment 125734

Thanks for the suggestions on the tablets, if I knew wife wouldn't kill me I would up my budget... Maybe I will wait a week or two to let her get over the what I spent on this drone. :)
I justifed the spending the money becuase we don't have our boat anymore and I am not spending money on it... It held 300 gallon of fuel so one fillup up pay for a nice tablet. So I am saving us money by flying a drone and not buying another boat.

My DYI landing pad
View attachment 125734

I've got the Lenovo M10 FHD and no issues other than when flying in very bright spots. Far better than any phone for me due to larger size. For the price, not a bad tablet.

There are no really great tablets in the below $300 range - for either an iPad Mini or others - unless used / refurbed. So, that may be you're only alternative.

I don't usually have video issues, but if I do - typically due to RC / drone obstructions that will create those. Not really anything to do with the tablet.

I've got the Lenovo M10 FHD and no issues other than when flying in very bright spots. Far better than any phone for me due to larger size. For the price, not a bad tablet.

There are no really great tablets in the below $300 range - for either an iPad Mini or others - unless used / refurbed. So, that may be you're only alternative.

I don't usually have video issues, but if I do - typically due to RC / drone obstructions that will create those. Not really anything to do with the tablet.
Thanks for your input. I will give it another try, I will double-check my brightness to make sure I had it as high as it would go. I do love the large screen and the price. Do you link it to your phone's WIFI?

Today on lunch I flew it useing my Samsung S8 the operation seemed really smooth and the video didn't have any major lag, but still hard to see the screen in the sun and the screen is so small after using the 10" tablet.

Maybe has more to do with my old eyes, not the phone or tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851