DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie in the skies

GunnyC

Reactions
Hello all, retired Marine and totally inexperienced drone Pilot here. My daughter bought me the Mavic 2 Pro and oculus goggles for Christmas (I've Wanted a drone for Christmas) not interested in making money, shooting videos for commercial use, etc... just wanna fly and enjoy the drone's capabilities. are there any flying groups in the local Melbourne, Florida (Eau Gallie) area? I'm also a car guy so I love car shows!!
more importantly, is there anyone available to help me with the DJI refresh (insurance) procedures? I learned about the service after opening and flying my drone for a couple of weeks. Now I'm asked to do the youtube/video thing and I'm clueless as to how to do it, my drone is still in perfect condition so there's no hanky-panky stuff needed.. thanks guys and girls

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello all, retired Marine and totally inexperienced drone Pilot here. My daughter bought me the Mavic 2 Pro and oculus goggles for Christmas (I've Wanted a drone for Christmas) not interested in making money, shooting videos for commercial use, etc... just wanna fly and enjoy the drone's capabilities. are there any flying groups in the local Melbourne, Florida (Eau Gallie) area? I'm also a car guy so I love car shows!!
more importantly, is there anyone available to help me with the DJI refresh (insurance) procedures? I learned about the service after opening and flying my drone for a couple of weeks. Now I'm asked to do the youtube/video thing and I'm clueless as to how to do it, my drone is still in perfect condition so there's no hanky-panky stuff needed.. thanks guys and girls
Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome aboard GunnyC and greetings from Albany, NY!?

Doing the DJI refresh after the fact isn't that hard. I was 12 months late with mine. You basically need to record a video from your phone. You go through the paces of the DJI Go 4 app. Then post the app as a private file on Youtube and send the link to DJI.

Print out the instructions for what they want to see on the video and run through it a couple of times. Recording the actual video should only take a few minutes.

Welcome aboard GunnyC and greetings from Albany, NY!?

Doing the DJI refresh after the fact isn't that hard. I was 12 months late with mine. You basically need to record a video from your phone. You go through the paces of the DJI Go 4 app. Then post the app as a private file on Youtube and send the link to DJI.

Print out the instructions for what they want to see on the video and run through it a couple of times. Recording the actual video should only take a few minutes.
Thanks Anotherlab, I saw that, but was concerned about how to go about doing it (being new to the hobby) the language has me worried. I Was kind of hoping there was someone in the immediate area to walk me through it.. sadly, I'm really just learning how to fly it.. hahaha

Thanks Anotherlab, I saw that, but was concerned about how to go about doing it (being new to the hobby) the language has me worried. I Was kind of hoping there was someone in the immediate area to walk me through it.. sadly, I'm really just learning how to fly it.. hahaha
The hardest part is figuring out how to record the video and getting it off your phone. The rest is just following the steps listed. You don't even have to fly it, they want to see that drone is reporting that everything is fine and that the camera works. If you search on YouTube, you can see examples of how to do it. I did a quick search and this article looks like it covered everything. It's a couple of years old, so you'll want to follow the steps listed on the DJI Refresh page, but it shows how to do it.

The worst thing that can happen is that DJI will say that something was missing and ask you to redo it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000