DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie in UK needs help with mavic pro.

Tango100

Reactions
Hi

I'm hoping somebody can help I'm new to drones and have just bought a 2nd hand mavic pro.
The mavic and RC both start and connect to each other fine. The problem is I have a Galaxy S7 edge which I know realise isn't compatible with the DJI GO4 app. I also can't seem to connect it to my laptop to update any firmware via the DJI Assistant 2.
Any help with connecting to assistant 2 greatfully appreciated.
Secondly I'm not sure whether I should get the litchi app for my S7 or buy a tablet( prob Nexus 7 gen 2).

Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks

My advice, take one step at a time. First get your Mavic updated by turning on the drone with no props attached and no gimbal clamp on. You have already probably downloaded DJI Assistant so then connect your Mavic via the micro USB port on the side of the Mavic to your computer. When your computer recognizes the Mavic, click on the Mavic icon and it will take you to the calibration, etc menus.

Once you get it updated, next thing is to get it connected to your phone. What connection problems are you having? Did you unplug the Apple lightning cable and plug in the Andoid cable into the charge port on the controller?

Finally, get it into the air and get some experience with flying it with the S7. Dont worry about Litchi yet, just get a nice stable connection with your device, the controller, and the Mavic before you try Litchi out.

Hi thanks for quick reply

The problem is nothing happens when I try to plug into comp it doesn't recognise it it just doesn't do anything. So I can't update via dji assistant 2.
As for dji go4 it just doesn't work with my S7 and won't connect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett