DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie: Mavic 2 Zoom settings and ND filter questions

Hubster

Reactions
Hi all,

I bought my Mavic 2 Zoom about a year ago but using it more recently for work purposes. I posted last year concerning "juttery" video when played back on my 2019 iMac and the general consensus was to film in 1080p and not 4k (which seems a bit of a waste of the drone!) so I can have a higher frame rate or pan really slowly. This leads me onto some other questions please:

1. For general, best quality video footage that is a close to "point and shoot" as possible, what are the optimum video settings for the Mavic 2 Zoom?
2. If I do want to shoot in 4k, what are the best settings for this?
3. What is the general consensus on 1080p v 4k? Is 4k worth it?
4. Following on from the above, any tips as to what the best settings should be for editing video on my iMac using either Adobe Premiere or iMovie?
5. Please could someone explain when I should use the ND filters I have? I have the DJI official set of 3 but am confused as to when I should use them and then which one of the three I should use. I believe they are to control the amount of light but what else are they used for?

I think that's it for now but I'm sure I will have more questions. :)

Many thanks

1,2,4- plenty of youtube videos and threads on this forum with good advice.

I would recommend you set the camera settings to Manual vs. Auto, adjust your ISO to 100 and then simply adjust your shutter speed to the correct exposure. you can use the in app histogram function to see if you can keep the peaks within range.

3- all depends on what your final objective is. if you just want to upload to youtube at HD quality and nothing more, you can do that with 1080p. If you want to show 4k then use 4k. If you dont have a device to watch the 4k on than it is a moot point.

5- for jitter free video (only video) then you should attempt to keep the shutter speed around twice the video framerate. So if you are filming at 1080p30fps, optimum shutter speed would be 1/60. That is where the filters come into play. You use them to allow you in brighter conditions to have a slower shutter speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929