DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Mavic Mini Owner from Swansea, Wales, UK

Reactions
Hi Guys and Gals
I received my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo yesterday. I cannot wait to open this bad boy
up and start experimenting. Can anyone shed some tips about range and antennas and
how they need to be set up for the best flights possible? Is it best to fly in non Wi-Fi areas
such as over beaches, lakes, mountains or hills as we call them in Wales lol? I'm looking
forward to sharing my vids with the community.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
And read the full 60 page manual (and othe stuff too) for your new bird from DJI. Only available online, scroll down on the page that opens.

welcome to the forum from a fellow Welch flyer,is this your first drone ,if so download the manual and have a good read ,and make yourself aware of the drone code,and the new registration rules that came into force on the 1st december, although the MM is under the 250g weight limit for getting an operator ID, it will be over that limit if you fly outdoors with the prop guards fitted, or if you add a skin or nav lights, go on the CAA website and you will be able to find out all about it,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

Can anyone shed some tips about range and antennas and how they need to be set up for the best flights possible?
Here are some things that should help maximize the your range:
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Mavic Mini and remote controller
Is it best to fly in non Wi-Fi areas such as over beaches, lakes, mountains or hills as we call them in Wales lol?
Best? Probably. Required? No.

welcome to the forum from a fellow Welch flyer,is this your first drone ,if so download the manual and have a good read ,and make yourself aware of the drone code,and the new registration rules that came into force on the 1st december, although the MM is under the 250g weight limit for getting an operator ID, it will be over that limit if you fly outdoors with the prop guards fitted, or if you add a skin or nav lights, go on the CAA website and you will be able to find out all about it,
WELCH…?????

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome from another Welsh flyer but not in Wales right now. Maybe see you on the Gower next summer.
ok so i cant spell it was late, forgive me my Welsh friend, please dont welch on me will you

Hi Guys and Gals
I received my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo yesterday. I cannot wait to open this bad boy
up and start experimenting. Can anyone shed some tips about range and antennas and
how they need to be set up for the best flights possible? Is it best to fly in non Wi-Fi areas
such as over beaches, lakes, mountains or hills as we call them in Wales lol? I'm looking
forward to sharing my vids with the community.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair