DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Mavic Pro Platinum owner, Norfolk.

Sneakygloworm

Reactions
Hi All,

Recently purchased a Mavic PP. Totally new to it all but also finding the area I live in seems to be completely devoid of places to fly (considering the amount of open countryside). I'm in Watton (south of Norwich) in Norfolk. Any other Carrot crunchers out there? I understand there seems to be a stigma attached to "Drones" which makes me feel strangely conspicuous when I get the thing out of it's bag. I've spoken to a couple of farmers near me and, although very friendly, the word "DRONE" seems to instill trepidation and irritation from them. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a week or so and there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people so I feel i'm in good hands and can learn a great deal.

Congrats on the new drone! Just be mindful and respectful and know your local laws and you’ll be just fine. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
... and read the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone. Scroll down on the page for the files:

welcome to the forum

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
... and read the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone. Scroll down on the page for the files:
Thanks for that. Funnily enough, I've just sent off for a fully printed A6 version so I can take it everywhere. It's mainly the camera settings that have me scratching my head. So an actual physical version is a must for me. The DJI go 4 app is quite detailed to say the least.

Thanks for that. Funnily enough, I've just sent off for a fully printed A6 version so I can take it everywhere. It's mainly the camera settings that have me scratching my head. So an actual physical version is a must for me. The DJI go 4 app is quite detailed to say the least.
Just dL to you phone or other device. Then you can ditch the paper. Fly On!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi owning a mavic platinum which is great make sure you register with the CAA do the test and get your licence. I live in Portsmouth so it's not bad flying in the area. The I.O.W. is just across the water so I could there if the need arises.

Weather is xxap so windy etc. Good luck and happy flying

Congrats on the new drone! Just be mindful and respectful and know your local laws and you’ll be just fine. Welcome to the forum!
You're absolutely right! I haven't yet flown anywhere near people so far and have obeyed the drone rules and local laws. At the moment. I'm using a disused airfield which is coming under development soon so i'm going to have to stop at some point. Most of the area around me is British or US military training ground, they've gobbled a lot of land for live fire exercises. The NATS app in my area is mostly red or yellow! Green areas are mainly farmland. We also have lots of Forest. Obviously lots of high trees but a few small public heath areas so I might try those. So much space and so few actual permissible areas!

Just dL to you phone or other device. Then you can ditch the paper. Fly On!
Haha! Yeah, I'm an old geezer though! The beauty of Mavic Drones is that they can hover and wait while I have a look through the instructions! I'm sure most of it will become second nature at some point.....Hopefully. :D

Reactions: Thomas B
Haha! Yeah, I'm an old geezer though! The beauty of Mavic Drones is that they can hover and wait while I have a look through the instructions! I'm sure most of it will become second nature at some point.....Hopefully. :D
There is still life ahead for us I am 74 just and own 4 drones keep smiling

Hi owning a mavic platinum which is great make sure you register with the CAA do the test and get your licence. I live in Portsmouth so it's not bad flying in the area. The I.O.W. is just across the water so I could there if the need arises.

Yeah, i registered and have taped my ID number to the legs of the drone along with my details, etc. I really need to get on the trusting side of the local farmers and see if they'll allow a couple of hours a week to stand at the edge of a field. Most are, understandably, concerned about damage to crop, etc. I'm sure something will turn up somewhere. It's just nice to be able to travel a couple of minutes and fly rather than crossing into another county. But needs must I guess...

There is still life ahead for us I am 74 just and own 4 drones keep smiling
Nice One!! It's a hobby for all ages! I'm trying get my 5 year old interested in flying as well. In fact, it was he who made me buy the Mavic to begin with as he wanted to try flying so initially I bought a cheap S906 beast. I was hooked. The Mavic is in another league entirely though. It's incredibly addictive isn't it? It's a shame the batteries don't last too long.

Yeah, I managed a quick flight Saturday and the Mavic was okay on the way out (21mph) but struggled coming home (9mph). Time to pack up. Only flew for 3200 feet and kept under 200ft. Been windy since then. :(

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup
Many Thanks Indeed! I'm literally still getting my head around flying in 3 dimensions. I need to configure inputs because everything seems jerky and amateurish at the moment. It's all new but I'll definitely need to know a few things as I get deeper into it. I've got an awful lot of studying to do....:)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from over the border in Essex. I started with the lovely Spark but for the last year have had the MPP - a super drone which I love flying. as you will as you get to know its capabilities. I would have thought you had lots of lovely places to fly - dig out the OS map! Where I live SW of Cambridge I have loads of good flying areas.
Enjoy - lets hope this wind goes away!

Hi All,

Recently purchased a Mavic PP. Totally new to it all but also finding the area I live in seems to be completely devoid of places to fly (considering the amount of open countryside). I'm in Watton (south of Norwich) in Norfolk. Any other Carrot crunchers out there? I understand there seems to be a stigma attached to "Drones" which makes me feel strangely conspicuous when I get the thing out of it's bag. I've spoken to a couple of farmers near me and, although very friendly, the word "DRONE" seems to instill trepidation and irritation from them. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a week or so and there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people so I feel i'm in good hands and can learn a great deal.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580