DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie needs help please.

LETHALGTS

Reactions
I'm planning on buying the Mavic but have a couple questions
  1. Do I need cell service or just wifi occasionally?
  2. I want to use a Galaxy Tab E will my tab fit where the phones go like a small iPad?

1. You need mobile data for maps which you can also preload with WiFi or other means before flying.

2. You need GPS for certain features like Follow Me or something.

3. The iPad mini pro can sort of fit but it depends whether you will find it awkward to hold the remote controller or not. If your tab is any bigger, either invest in a tablet holder, a smaller phone preferably ios or use the mini 4.

1. You need mobile data for maps which you can also preload with WiFi or other means before flying.

2. You need GPS for certain features like Follow Me or something.

3. The iPad mini pro can sort of fit but it depends whether you will find it awkward to hold the remote controller or not. If your tab is any bigger, either invest in a tablet holder, a smaller phone preferably ios or use the mini 4.
OK thanks.
So just to be clear, I don't need cell service just wifi?

Yes. You could always hotspot from your phone so u can still use your tablet or just preload maps before you fly.

Maybe a dumb question
Alot of tabs don't have cell only wifi.
set you smartphone to act as mobile hotspot and connect your tab to it through wifi.

I want to use a Galaxy Tab E will my tab fit where the phones go like a small iPad?
This tablet will not fit in the remote controller. You'll need to use a tablet mount (like one of these).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian