DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question on "registering" my Mavic

audioguy

Reactions
Just received my Mavic yesterday, have already purchased the DJI "insurance" and registered with the FAA. I have not yet flown it (a house full of way, way way too many guests this weekend) and want to go through the "pre-flight" list of things to do prior to flying.

My question: Do I need to register my Mavic with DJI and if so, how do I do that? Does that happen when I first try to fly the Mavic or is there someplace on the web site to do that?

Thanks

You do not have to register your drone with the FAA if you use it as a hobby, only if you use it for a business then it has to be registered with the FAA. To register with DJI select settings and then select "about" and it tells you what to do, that is if it has not changed?

When you first connect your Mavic to the GO 4 app, you will be asked to register it, and give it a name. You have to do this before it will allow you to fly. All you need is your email and password that you used to set up a DJI account.

Welcome to the site, and have fun flying. :)

Do I need to register my Mavic with DJI and if so, how do I do that? Does that happen when I first try to fly the Mavic or is there someplace on the web site to do that?

Yes. Download the DJI Go 4 app for either ios or Android. Follow the instructions after starting the app and connecting to the controller and drone. It will prompt you for your DJI account email, if you havent set one up already, and then ask you to name your Mavic. Keep the name short and simple, no spaces and no special characters and you will be fine.

You will need to bind your Refresh with your serial number of the drone.

Thanks ... And since I am asking newbie questions, I'll ask another. I got a chance to play with a friend's Mavic (caused me to buy mine) and could not tell on the iPhone he was using if there there was any indicator (other than looking at the camera footage to see it was going backward) to tell me which way the Mavic was facing (not flying) to insure I wasn't flying it backward.

Once our home gets empty of all of our guests, I will be ready to give this new toy a go. Pumped to say the least.

Thanks

Thanks ... And since I am asking newbie questions, I'll ask another. I got a chance to play with a friend's Mavic (caused me to buy mine) and could not tell on the iPhone he was using if there there was any indicator (other than looking at the camera footage to see it was going backward) to tell me which way the Mavic was facing (not flying) to insure I wasn't flying it backward.

Once our home gets empty of all of our guests, I will be ready to give this new toy a go. Pumped to say the least.

Thanks

The red arrow on the map is your Mavic and points in the direction the Mavic is facing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica