DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question regarding recording flights?

Dundermifflin

Reactions
Should I be recording each flight via a log that shows the details of the flight? If so, is that done using the same DJI GO 4 app (if so how do i do that) or a different app like Airmap (if so how do i do that)?

Also, do most mavic users video record all of their flights as well? Is it suggested that we should do this as well?

Appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks.

I use the kittyhawk.io app to log each flight. I document the purpose of the flight, any maps I checked, confirm I checked the weather (visibility, ceiling, etc), my verifly policy number and name/s of any vo's or assistants.

Probably overkill though.

Should I be recording each flight via a log that shows the details of the flight? If so, is that done using the same DJI GO 4 app (if so how do i do that) or a different app like Airmap (if so how do i do that)?

Also, do most mavic users video record all of their flights as well? Is it suggested that we should do this as well?

Appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks.

I start recording before takeoff and don't stop till I land and then edit the video later.

I do stop and immediately start the record at different points just to separate different scenes.

Also if something does go wrong like a crash it will be recorded.

I use the kittyhawk.io app to log each flight. I document the purpose of the flight, any maps I checked, confirm I checked the weather (visibility, ceiling, etc), my verifly policy number and name/s of any vo's or assistants.

Probably overkill though.

Thanks! What app do you use to check maps?

The DJI Go app automatically records a log of each flight, which you can then sync with DJI's servers so you don't lose the data if you have to delete and reinstall the app. You can also create a free account with AirData UAV and sync the DJI data there to be able to see additional details of each flight, as well as your battery conditions.

Whether you record video or not is up to you. Doing so will create a lot of data for you to store. I tend to only record video of flights I'm really interested in preserving.

Thanks! What app do you use to check maps?

I just went to skyvector.com, selected my Cincinnati TAC and did the "add to home screen" option on my iPhone. I'm sure android can do the same thing.

Kittyhawk.io has a subscription option that includes airspace maps but I just do it manually.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa