DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question regarding RTH, saved places?

BGoetting

Reactions
New to drones, bought a toy a month ago and got hooked. Just upgraded to Mavic 2 pro. I'm wondering if it can save favorite places. For example, if I want to see my horses that are about 1/2 mile away in a corral, can I save those coordinates and just send the drone back to that saved place to show me the live video? Another question: I landed my drone by FPV on a flat spot a quarter mile away then re-launched remotely. I wanted it to RTH but it now thinks that last landing spot is home. That could be a problem if I land remotely but cannot see where the drone is. Is there a way I can either have it not reset home or save my landing pad at home as a "saved place" then tell it to RETURN TO MY LANDING PAD?

Appreciate any advice.

Bruce

You can set pre established fly plans. Search for how to use "Waypoints". You will be able to set your drone to go to specific locations and fly back. You can save those missions and repeat them every time you wish.
New to drones, bought a toy a month ago and got hooked. Just upgraded to Mavic 2 pro. I'm wondering if it can save favorite places. For example, if I want to see my horses that are about 1/2 mile away in a corral, can I save those coordinates and just send the drone back to that saved place to show me the live video? Another question: I landed my drone by FPV on a flat spot a quarter mile away then re-launched remotely. I wanted it to RTH but it now thinks that last landing spot is home. That could be a problem if I land remotely but cannot see where the drone is. Is there a way I can either have it not reset home or save my landing pad at home as a "saved place" then tell it to RETURN TO MY LANDING PAD?

Appreciate any advice.

Bruce

As an example read:

Appreciate any advice.

Bruce

Yup, Waypoints on DJI Go, or Waypoint Missions on LITCHI (alternative controller app,.which a lot of folk still believe is better than DJI Go, at least for Waypoint Missions).

I don't know about having it NOT set a new home point at a remote landing spot.

Chris

Reactions: Gindra and RogerMav

Appreciate any advice.

Bruce
First question was answered but you could effectively use the same method to go to a saved home location. A better way might just be to use the “update home point to controller” feature which will just set the home point to your mobile device’s gps location. Note that you need a device that has GPS. Any device that can connect to a cell network should have one. If the device can only connect via Wi-Fi then you may not be able to use this feature. The controller doesn’t actually have GPS.

Reactions: Mrmund
Note that you need a device that has GPS.
Any device that can connect to a cell network should have one.
If the device can only connect via Wi-Fi then you may not be able to use this feature.
You should have stopped after the first sentence.
It has nothing to do with wifi or cell connectivity.
All that's required is an inbuilt GPS receiver in the phone or tablet.
All smart phones have GPS and almost every Android tablet has GPS.
It's just iPads only have GPS in the cellular enabled models.
Apple have confused so many people about this.

Reactions: Gindra
You should have stopped after the first sentence.
It has nothing to do with wifi or cell connectivity.
All that's required is an inbuilt GPS receiver in the phone or tablet.
All smart phones have GPS and almost every Android tablet has GPS.
It's just iPads only have GPS in the cellular enabled models.
Apple have confused so many people about this.
If you read posts before responding to them you would have seen that I said exactly the same thing as you. If it can connect to cell service it should have one. If it can’t than it may not. That’s exactly what you just said.

If you read posts before responding to them you would have seen that I said exactly the same thing as you. If it can connect to cell service it should have one. If it can’t than it may not. That’s exactly what you just said.
If you read my post you might see that I was saying something different.
Apple have already confused people and your post only added to that confusion.

If you read my post you might see that I was saying something different.
Apple have already confused people and your post only added to that confusion.
Not all Androids have GPS modules in the Wi-Fi only versions especially older ones. I made a general statement that remains true. Reflex guy.

Not all Androids have GPS modules in the Wi-Fi only versions especially older ones. I made a general statement that remains true. Reflex guy.
Yes ... I'm aware of one old Samsung tablet that didn't have GPS ... that's why I said almost every Android tablet.
But when you say Any device that can connect to a cell network should have one. If the device can only connect via Wi-Fi then you may not be able to use this feature, you are confusing the issue.
Because it has nothing at all to do whether the device is wifi or cellular.
The only relevant factor is whether it has GPS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka