DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question .....

stormtheCOCKpit

Reactions
Brand new to flying drones ..... just got back from my first flight at a nearby high school field. I went for about 10 minutes and didn’t want to push my luck bc of high winds. Just got back and watched the video on my iPhone (same one I used for the flight). I noticed that when watching it did not have any sound. Is there a fix for this ?

Hi, there is no sound on video with mavic Mini, never !
You can edit and add music post production.

d4ac46fcb4244697a1c8c887d6177df6.jpg
7acac4eaae11ebde3d2ac4cd922e2d6b.jpg
38397006678b3816af4b241ef5501446.jpg

Some pics from the first flight ..... nothing great. I’m wondering if I had the best camera settings on

Reactions: netsonic
What you see on your phone is the saved low quality cache file from the live feed you saw during the flight ... the real vid you find on the sd card in the Mini. None of these 2 files will have sound because the Mini doesn't have a mic.

Oh man bummer ! That’s for the heads up on that.

I don't think you actually want it ... I mean just alot of high pitch prop sounds ...

As previously posted, there is no audio recording on the drone because there is no microphone.

What you see on your phone is the saved low quality cache file from the live feed you saw during the flight ... the real vid you find on the sd card in the Mini. None of these 2 files will have sound because the Mini doesn't have a mic.

I don't think you actually want it ... I mean just alot of high pitch prop sounds ...
Are you saying that if I download my files directly to my phone before shutting the aircraft off, it is less quality than pulling the SD card and downloading that to my phone? Thanks.

Are you saying that if I download my files directly to my phone before shutting the aircraft off, it is less quality than pulling the SD card and downloading that to my phone? Thanks.
That's another story, going through the gallery ... then you actually transfer the real file to your phone. Feasible for full size stills but hardly effective for 4K vids as they are pretty hefty in size making the WiFi transfer take some while & AC battery %. Once on phone I imagine the full vids are pretty slow to work with phone processor load wise.

Not if you download The files but the default real time capture to your phone as you fly is low quality.

Okay, I understand now and you’re correct about videos being slow to download. I use video sparingly and try to make my clips short but in the future will go directly from the SD to my iPad. I have not been considering the battery recharge issue. Evidently there is a limited number of recharges. With my DSLR, I have 2 batteries and I keep them both at full capacity. I’m going on 5 years now and it continues to have good battery life. Sorry, it appears I’m hijacking this thread but one thing led to another ?.

Okay, I understand now and you’re correct about videos being slow to download. I use video sparingly and try to make my clips short but in the future will go directly from the SD to my iPad. I have not been considering the battery recharge issue. Evidently there is a limited number of recharges. With my DSLR, I have 2 batteries and I keep them both at full capacity. I’m going on 5 years now and it continues to have good battery life. Sorry, it appears I’m hijacking this thread but one thing led to another [emoji848].

Haha no worries ! That’s how we all learn

One option to record sound is by using the phone screen capture option. Cannot speak to Android phones, but my iphone has an option in the control center to record and capture video of what is shown on the phone screen and any audio that is within range of the phone.

What I like about it is that all the flight information during the flight is recorded as you see it in live time on the screen. Provides you a visual flight record. You see this function used by you tube drone reviewers all the time.

Try it, you'll like it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom