DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie questions

rank amature

Reactions
Hi there! This forum has been a great learning tool for me as a newbie, and I'm hoping you may be able to help. I bought a m2p last week and have been having nervous fun learning how to fly it. Many questions, but will stick to two as to not wear out my welcome. When I start up the smart controler and drone, it says:

Inconsistent firmware found - firmware incompatibility between some modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware? Slide to update.

I've slid to update it and it does its thing and says its updated the controller and the drone, but the next time I turn it on later in the day it says the same thing? Is this simply to have you update every time you turn it on? How can they be incompatible an hour after updating?

Second question: while flying the smart controller will often switch off the flying screen and go to the Go Fly screen - tapping go fly will bring it back, and I assume I accidentally hit the back button, but sometimes it doesn't seem so. Today the whole application just quit - something popped up that said the go fly app wasn't responding or something like that. The drone was only 20' from me at that point and I still had control over it, so I just landed it. If the app just stops working I thought the drone would treat it as a broken connection and do a rth, but it didn't seem to. Makes me think it could fly off I'd it was already heading somewhere and the app quits? If the app quits again and I can't land it, can I restart the smart controller without it crashing on it's own?

Thanks so much for any insight you can give me. I dont want to hurt anyone by losing control of the thing.

Did you change your battery between the 2 FW update prompts? If so, that would explain it as the batteries have FW in them that occasionally needs updating.

Yes - I have 3 batteries and it could have been a different battery. So until I update it with each battery It will keep doing it? I’ll try that - thanks so much for the help!

Hi guys
Can you please tell me how to upload flight logs to the forum.?
I am having issues with my drone and wanted to share what I'm experiencing.
Thanks all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian