DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Unboxing Question

UPTGrad

Reactions
Unboxing MP Platinum, and removing the shipping stickers.
If I turn it upside down, and look careful, there is a very small red dot of a sticker at the top of the camera assemble. It's hard to remove with big fingers, and not wanting to damage the camera gimbal.
There doesn't seem to be a purpose for this sticker located at the top of the gimbal, and mostly up inside the body of the Mavic. Anyone know why it's there? Seems easy to miss also.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like getting up there to remove it could cause damage to the gimbal if one is not careful. :>o

Thanks. I just did the same, trying to be very careful. I just don't see any reason for it as it shipped with the gimbal clamp on.
The top sticker above the camera didn't come off too easily either. Hmm.

Last edited:
Unboxing MP Platinum, and removing the shipping stickers.
If I turn it upside down, and look careful, there is a very small red dot of a sticker at the top of the camera assemble. It's hard to remove with big fingers, and not wanting to damage the camera gimbal.
There doesn't seem to be a purpose for this sticker located at the top of the gimbal, an mostly up inside the body of the Mavic. Anyone know why it's there? Seems easy to miss also.

I would remove it. Im sure it wouldnt affect the gimbal with it on, but what if u got nd filters also. So it would be the weight of that sticker plus nd filter could act strange? Maybe not ? Who knows. I did remove mine though. Im pretty sure it is to protect top of gimbal pitch motor from hitting dampening board when shipping. (sometimes gimbal clamps come to customers already out) so its good they come with a few stickers to protect it

I read that you should not remove it according to DJI support. It’s to stop scratches.

I have never heard that nor seen it in manual..... I'm sure it would have been stated in the manual if it was a big deal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu