DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie with easy questions

Etbrown4

Reactions
Hi all,
Am new to my SE today, flew really well. Can someone kindly tell me the sequence for powering off the controller? I tried 1 press on power button, and also a short press followed by a long press.

Another... How do you turn off or x out of the fly app when you're done?

Last, I've read that it's preferred to turn your phone to airplane mode. Is it essential?

I tried dji telephone tech support and man was that a waste of time, and rude too!

Last edited:
Hi all,
Am new to my SE today, flew really well. Can someone kindly tell me the sequence for powering off the controller? I tried 1 press on power button, and also a short press followed by a long press.

Another... How do you turn off or x out of the fly app when you're done?

Last, I've read that it's preferred to turn your phone to airplane mode. Is it essential?

I tried dji telephone tech support and man was that a waste of time, and rude too!
Et rown4, to turn off the RC or the aircraft, it’s a short press followed very quickly by a press and hold.

To quit the DJI Fly app, it will be like quitting any other app on your mobile phone or tablet, whether that would be an iOS device or Android. Some of us do turn off the cellular capability so a call doesn’t interrupt during a critical moment whilst flying.

I am part of a dozen or so drone pilots in our little town, and to a woman or a man, it has always been extremely polite and helpful when contacting DJI support through email.

Welcome to the forum!
Ernst

Can someone kindly tell me the sequence for powering off the controller? I tried 1 press on power button, and also a short press followed by a long press.
It's the same as powering on - short press followed by a longer press.
You can if you like, but it makes no difference to flying the drone.

Et rown4, to turn off the RC or the aircraft, it’s a short press followed very quickly by a press and hold.

To quit the DJI Fly app, it will be like quitting any other app on your mobile phone or tablet, whether that would be an iOS device or Android. Some of us do turn off the cellular capability so a call doesn’t interrupt during a critical moment whilst flying.

I am part of a dozen or so drone pilots in our little town, and to a woman or a man, it has always been extremely polite and helpful when contacting DJI support through email.

Welcome to the forum!
Ernst
I appreciate the tip on powering off the controller.

Using a Samsung phone and the dji fly app, I dont see an x at the top of the screen, so it seems there is no obvious way to close the app, sort of hanging in perpetuity.

My interactions with dji tech support were by telephone and after 4 tries, I found their phone support to be virtually worthless!

Glad i found this forum.

Using a Samsung phone and the dji fly app, I dont see an x at the top of the screen, so it seems there is no obvious way to close the app, sort of hanging in perpetuity.
Not at all.
Here's how I close apps on a Samsung phone.
1. Tap the three lines icon to minimise the app
i-wTsgwDK-M.jpg

2. App minimised
i-kT8ppzX-M.jpg

3. Swipe the minimised app off the screen ... app is now closed.
i-jsm9MPj-M.jpg

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Thanks meta4. I knew there had to be a way. However on my phone the main app camera screen turns into a mostly blue screen with a highway. It has a comnection guide button, plus other buttons, but again there is no x at the top.

I see your way to close the camera screen, but still no apparent way to close that blue screen!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-031629.jpg
    Screenshot_20220926-031629.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: LoudThunder
Thanks meta4. I knew there had to be a way. However on my phone the main app camera screen turns into a mostly blue screen with a highway. It has a comnection guide button, plus other buttons, but again there is no x at the top.

I see your way to close the camera screen, but still no apparent way to close that blue screen!
It doesn't matter what's on the screen.
That's how you close any app on an Android device.
If you need to see it looking the same as on your device, try this:

1. Minimise the app
i-CCXnXRK-M.jpg

2. Swipe the minimised app away.
i-kMfHjHP-M.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

I also haven't seen a "clean" way to exit DJI fly, by which I mean one tap on an X button.

The swipey swipey process described above is what I do, but I'd prefer a clean "X" as well.

I'd prefer a clean "X" as well
Does that exist on mobile devices? I'm thinking the one tap X isn't a common option since swiping is a far easier action on mobile devices for most people.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots