DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

adam.doona

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a Mavic soon and was looking into where I can legally fly near me. I have looked at the DJI map and and a lot of the areas around me are shown as green warning zones or enhanced warning zones and I was wondering what this means in real terms as regards me flying a Mavic.
Don't want to purchase something that I have to travel very long distances to fly
Thanks in advance for your help

Reactions: Londroner
I live in a yellow special air space zone and regulally have VERY low military helicopters fly over my house. I like you was worried about it so I called the base, they were great and said if it makes me feel better I could call them every time I flew at my house in case any low flights were iminent.

They realy just said follow the drone code

You will not regret buying the Mavic, its beautiful in any sense.

Watch ALL the vids you can (even if you bored with them), there is always some bit of info you can use.

It can get complicated discusing all regs etc... and they seem to be changing monthly, but generaly if your dont live next to a military base, or airports etc youll be fine.

Specifically, (depending on app used), green and yellows allow you to fly if you check the tick box to take responsibility.

Buy it - Fly it ... but most of all have fun and be safe.

Hi all,
I'm looking to purchase a Mavic soon and was looking into where I can legally fly near me. I have looked at the DJI map and and a lot of the areas around me are shown as green warning zones or enhanced warning zones and I was wondering what this means in real terms as regards me flying a Mavic.
Don't want to purchase something that I have to travel very long distances to fly
Thanks in advance for your help
I live in an area that has not only a major airport close by (Heathrow) but land controlled by organisations that have strict no-drone rules - but it didn't stop me from buying my Mavic almost a week ago. This forum is a great source of location information if you just look. As @Toruk Makto said, 'buy it - fly it', you won't regret it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S