DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbs Leaderboard

Newbs?? So now we want to encourage inexperienced pilots to do those things that almost always seem to be responsible for the I lost my Mavic posts? Good luck newbs.
Sorry for the quick edit, but these posts are so common, as I went down the lists of this Mavic Drone Forum review, just a few posts later I found this good example: Mavic Pro gone...need feedback. And he was only at 1600'AGL.

Last edited:
Huh???? I did not fly 12,000 feet up.... I flew from Loveland Pass, which is around 12,000 feet.... I just thought I'd post a friendly and fun "how much have you flown" type of post for the newbs, as there are at least 2 of us if not more who have had Mavic Airs for less than a month. (Looking at you @swooshdave!) Not encouraging stupid ****, just using our drones. :)

So breaking out the stats (updated since the screenshot):
Top speed: 43.8 mph
Top altitude: 11586 ft (that's above sea level, not above ground!) <- taking off from the Continental Divide in Colorado...
Top distance: 13,666 ft
Total travel distance: 135,533 ft
Total flight time: 4 hr 33 minutes.

This is since getting the drone on 4/11/2018. Not too bad for a month!

Huh???? I did not fly 12,000 feet up.... I flew from Loveland Pass, which is around 12,000 feet.... I just thought I'd post a friendly and fun "how much have you flown" type of post for the newbs, as there are at least 2 of us if not more who have had Mavic Airs for less than a month. (Looking at you @swooshdave!) Not encouraging stupid ****, just using our drones. :)

I’ve been flying every day. I don’t need more incentive. :rolleyes:

Ok, newbs... lets see your stats! Heres mine:
Im new to drones but not to the overall world of RC's.

Bought my first drone ever (mavic pro fly more combo kit) on 4-29-18 after flying my buddies phantom 3 only one time earlier that same day.

First flight was 4-30-18.

Stats to date are pictured below along with my longest total flight in the second pic

My Mavic pro and control are completely stock. Absolutely no add-ons of any kind. Longest Flight took place on 5-6-18. I flew 3.83 miles (20,234 feet) away from where i was standing and returned safely, landing with 12% battery left. Total flight distance was 7.664 miles (40,872 feet)Screenshot_2018-05-11-12-07-38.jpegScreenshot_2018-05-09-16-03-59-1.jpeg

Last edited:
And for the record my altitude shown is wrong. My highest altitude is only 817 feet (AGL).

No im not encouraging anyone to do these long flights. I just wanted to share my info. Also that i completed this flight out of my own morbid curiosity as to whether DJI's claim of 4.3 miles for range was actually possible. In my opinion based on my longest flight i do believe that a completely bone stock mavic pro right out of the box can reach 4.3 miles under the right conditions. Many factors of attempting these types of flights needs to be considered in order to safely return.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000