DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newby Question: what do y’all use to edit your OP video footage?

MadDogDan

Reactions
Just got my OP and have made and posted a few videos to social media. However I have no idea how to edit raw footage, I just post it as it is on the Micro SD card.

Is there a way to eliminate recorded audio and add music? Can you edit some footage to play back in slowmotion or hyper motion and real time all in the same recording? I haven’t found a tutorial with these answers.

Reactions: mnis
Just got my OP and have made and posted a few videos to social media. However I have no idea how to edit raw footage, I just post it as it is on the Micro SD card.

Is there a way to eliminate recorded audio and add music? Can you edit some footage to play back in slowmotion or hyper motion and real time all in the same recording? I haven’t found a tutorial with these answers.
Very interesting questions to which I unfortunately have no answers yet. I think I'm in the same boat :)

By the way: I think it was yesterday, there was again an update of the Mimo-App...

Last edited:
Adobe Premier Pro for me, work pays for it so you have to take advantage of these things ;)

Reactions: mnis

I use iMovie because it comes free with both my MacBook Pro and iMac. However, after watchings several dozen Osmo Pocket and video tips vids on YouTube, I have found other free software of which people speak highly. These same videos don't necessarily speak so highly of iMovie because it doesn't do all the things these professional videographers want from their software.

I did get Filmora for my Mavic Air videos last year and just updated it to Filmora 9 yesterday. Not sure if it's free because I'm updating, or I just have a 30-day free trial. I'll find out.

But other FREE video software that get kudos include Shotcut.

The one everyone raves about, of course, is DaVinci Resolve, currently in its 15th iteration. This is an almost full professional video software most Hollywood filmmakers could use--and it's FREE!!! I have downloaded it and also downloaded a plethora of YouTube videos to teach me how to use it. To say there's a steep learning curve is accurate. But it's (almost) fully professional. And today I just discovered this area which I hope to help me a lot: <a href=Casey Faris></a>

Since I refuse to use any Adobe products, I cannot address any comments regarding Premier Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nautidawg
In the iOS world, iMovie works fine for the basic edit-and-post, including adding sound, combining clips, basic color correction. If one isn't familiar with the 'heavy lifting' editors, this is a good tool. It's also a good place to start before diving into Premier or DaVinci. FWIW, I'm now using DaVinci Resolve 15. I 'follow' VERY competent YouTube instruction video by Casey Faris. Well worth the time to get both introduction and in-depth instruction on using DaVinci Resolve

I've been using iMovie and FCP for years, two excellent programs and iMovie comes free on your Mac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ