DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newly Acquired Air2s fly more with v1 controller instead of RC PRO Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaka_

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Backstory.... I purchased a brand new air2s fly more combo with the smart controller. Now they are selling the same deal EXCEPT it comes with the RC PRO for the exact same price... Anyone else here feel like they have been cheated and been taken advantage of for being a loyal DJI customer, or is it just me? someone please help me see this through a different light... At the very least I would expect DJI to swap it out with the new RC PRO due to it being a far more updated and superior controller to the v1, but since they are out of stock on the v1, they just threw in the RC PRO..
I just purchased a m3 fly more bundle as well as a RC PRO seperate.... I was ASSURED by DJI Rep that this was impossible (rc pro working with air2s per DJI engineering team) but no later than a day goes by and they have done it!
This makes me sick. I Feel as if I am being punished for supporting DJI by not waiting to buy their products..
Really feel like finding another hobby after this type of deception by a billion dollar company.

• Angry
Reactions: fd123_2000
Backstory.... I purchased a brand new air2s fly more combo with the smart controller. Now they are selling the same deal EXCEPT it comes with the RC PRO for the exact same price...
Are you sure? I just checked two reliable retail sources (DJI on Amazon and B&H), and both are selling the three different Air2S packages with different pricing for each level. The standard and Fly More combos have the basic RC-N1 controller and the third package is the only one with the RC Pro but is 450.00 more than the standard Fly More Combo.

Standard Air2S (RC 1N Remote) 999.00
Air2S w/Fly More Combo (RC 1N Remote) 1,299.00
Air2S Fly More w/ RC Pro Remote 1,749.00

AirPrice2.jpg

But if you're mad because you suspect that the RC Pro that comes with the 'now' available Air2S combo would work with the Mavic3 (thus making your separate purchase unnecessary), well I can see how you might feel that way but DJI is not the only company that does stuff like this.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 7.22.39 PM.png

• Angry
Are you sure? I just checked two reliable retail sources (DJI on Amazon and B&H), and both are selling the three different Air2S packages with different pricing for each level. The standard and Fly More combos have the basic RC-N1 controller and the third package is the only one with the RC Pro but is 450.00 more than the standard Fly More Combo.

View attachment 140126

But if you're mad because you suspect that the RC Pro that comes with the 'now' available Air2S combo would work with the Mavic3 (thus making your separate purchase unnecessary), well I can see how you might feel that way but DJI is not the only company that does stuff like this.
yes this is correct and the pricing of the bundle with the smart controller (both v1 and RC PRO) stayed the same. I bought my package on Nov 29th brand new and still sealed for the same price everyone is getting the rc pro included with now.

• Wow
We need less people in the drone community to go to bat for a company that deceives us all and more people who are willing to stand up and make them do the right thing. A shortage of v1 controllers does not substitute them to hand over a new, updated version of the controller for the same money. Dji is making this like its the lottery, pay for it and hope you receive the better, newer controller, and it disgusts me more than you can imagine. This is bad news for people in my situation, but i guess its good news for the people who are just now upgrading and WAITED to support DJI...

So...return the overpriced one ...and re-buy
bought off of ebay... and then having to go through the hassle of redoing my care refresh and everything else? no thanks, maybe I am the only one that feels cheated I guess. Really thought you guys would see it is wrong too. Guess your pockets are deeper than mine!

It's not right or wrong...it is business....if you take the effort and exchange it, you will be where you want to be...if you don't want to do that...you really can't complain about it

yes this is correct and the pricing of the bundle with the smart controller (both v1 and RC PRO) stayed the same. I bought my package on Nov 29th brand new and still sealed for the same price everyone is getting the rc pro included with now.
So you paid 1,749.00 for the Air2S Fly More Combo with the standard RC 1N controller? The prices then, are clearly not the same as of today, and all I can say is; business's react to economic forces just like the rest of us - things change. When I bought my M2P, I bought it towards the end of it's production run and got it for not much more than Air2S is today considering that I got 450 dollars worth of free stuff. I realize some paid a lot more but that was their choice - not DJI's
We need less people in the drone community to go to bat for a company that deceives us all and more people who are willing to stand up and make them do the right thing. A shortage of v1 controllers does not substitute them to hand over a new, updated version of the controller for the same money. Dji is making this like its the lottery, pay for it and hope you receive the better, newer controller, and it disgusts me more than you can imagine. This is bad news for people in my situation, but i guess its good news for the people who are just now upgrading and WAITED to support DJI...
Don't know about anyone else here, but I am certainly not 'going to bat' for DJI. If they make a good product at a competitive price - I'll jump in, if not - I'll move on.

maybe I am the only one that feels cheated I guess. Really thought you guys would see it is wrong too. Guess your pockets are deeper than mine!

I dunno, if you bought a Mavic 3 Fly More Bundle. . . AND a separate RC Pro, maybe your pockets are the deep ones.

The simple truth is this: prices of these types of consumer commodities change over their lifespan, and if you stick around long enough you will see this. Ultimately it is up to the consumer to decide if a product they want, is worth what the asking price is.

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
So you paid 1,749.00 for the Air2S Fly More Combo with the standard RC 1N controller? The prices then, are clearly not the same as of today, and all I can say is; business's react to economic forces just like the rest of us - things change. When I bought my M2P, I bought it towards the end of it's production run and got it for not much more than Air2S is today considering that I got 450 dollars worth of free stuff. I realize some paid a lot more but that was their choice - not DJI's
1749 2 weeks ago for the air2s fly more combo with the smart controller, and now it comes with the rc pro 2 weeks later for the same price... CHEATED.

It's not right or wrong...it is business....if you take the effort and exchange it, you will be where you want to be...if you don't want to do that...you really can't complain about it
it is unethical to do such a thing without offering an exchange or some sort of credit. If they would have upped the price I wouldn't see it being wrong, but keeping it the exact same after being told it would never happen per DJI is deceiving.

Attachments

• IMG_4111.jpg
    IMG_4111.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 35

Don't know about anyone else here, but I am certainly not 'going to bat' for DJI. If they make a good product at a competitive price - I'll jump in, if not - I'll move on.

I dunno, if you bought a Mavic 3 Fly More Bundle. . . AND a separate RC Pro, maybe your pockets are the deep ones.

The simple truth is this: prices of these types of consumer commodities change over their lifespan, and if you stick around long enough you will see this. Ultimately it is up to the consumer to decide if a product they want, is worth what the asking price is.
TY i think you might have misunderstood... Can YOU NOT SEE where DJI STRAIGHT OUT LIED in the conversation to this man?? Its NOT an inconvenience to YOU so you see no issue here? This isnt some old , out dated drone like the M2P you talked about. That situation does not come close to comparing to this one! This guy should NOT have to beg for DJI to do the right thing by a GOOD LOYAL CUSTOMER! The way DJI did this puts a VERY BAD TASTE in my mouth also! At the end of the day.. RIGHT IS RIGHT, and WRONG IS WRONG!! DJI WAS WRONG ON THIS ONE 100%..

I get it, and would feel bummed as well. But, as others have noted, you could do a return/rebuy as an option. The dealer would then suffer the consequences of the alleged screw-job.

How a company handles new product rollouts can definitely affect its reputation. My brother recently put a deposit down on a couple of e-bikes that were back ordered. While checking on his order status, he was informed that a new version had just been released with several upgrades - they offered to upgrade him for $50. Nice gesture and happy customer!
He purchased from EBAY ... NO RETURNS..... And unfortunately DJI has offered nothing but an untruthful reply from their Rep, and hopes to stay safe! LOL...... A bad situation to be in for OP.... I have THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS of DJI Equipment myself, and ive gotta be honest.... The outcome of this situation will affect my future business with DJI....

View attachment 140126

TY you are correct about them not being the only company that dont think things through thoroughly before making changes. DJIs REP straight out lied to the OP in telling him that the RC PRO offered from B&H in the AIR2s combo was a misprint, and the DJI REP also stated that the RC PRO will NEVER WORK with the AIR2s , or older drones per DJI ENGINEERS, OP posted his conversation with DJI showing EXACTLY what was said by the DJI REP. There is NO DENYING that DJI lied to their customers! I love DJIs products, but no matter how much i love them i can NOT do business with a company that does business this way any longer... OP is in a very bad position in this this situation due to no fault of his own. He cant return it to a retail store location because he purchased it from an EBAY seller that only accepted returns for items not as described,,, And the time limit to return it is over. It was purchased brand new still sealed in the box. I hope DJI makes this right by the OP. This could have happened to ANY OF US! As we ALL want the BEST DEAL we can get!

TY you are correct about them not being the only company that dont think things through thoroughly before making changes. DJIs REP straight out lied to the OP in telling him that the RC PRO offered from B&H in the AIR2s combo was a misprint, and the DJI REP also stated that the RC PRO will NEVER WORK with the AIR2s , or older drones per DJI ENGINEERS, OP posted his conversation with DJI showing EXACTLY what was said by the DJI REP. There is NO DENYING that DJI lied to their customers! I love DJIs products, but no matter how much i love them i can NOT get behind any Company that does business this way .. OP is in a very bad position in this this situation due to no fault of his own. He cant return it to a retail store location because he purchased it from an EBAY seller that only accepted returns for items not as described,,, And the time limit to return it is over. It was purchased brand new still sealed in the box. I hope DJI makes this right by the OP. This could have happened to ANY OF US! As we ALL want the BEST DEAL we can get!
And it was the 1749.00 Combo that he purchased that came with the V1 original Smart Controller.

Read what OP wrote above.. He purchased the brand new sealed package from a seller on EBAY that only accepted returns for items not as described, and there IS A TIME LIMIT to make a return on EBAY.... This is a bad situation to be in due to NO FAULT of the OP! And are you REALLY TELLING ME that YOU WOULD NOT COMPLAIN being told a straight out LIE from DJI that shorted you 500.00 plus? Come on now... ANYONE WOULD BE COMPLAINING! Telling someone a LIE IS WRONG, and it is DEFINITELY NOT GOOD BUSINESS !

His decision was made based on an OUTRIGHT LIE that was told to him by DJI ! He has the proof of this posted CLEARLY of his conversation with the DJI REP! Less than 10 days does not apply to your statement of Commodities changing over their lifespan either....

DJI REP CONVERSATION!
DJI REP Conversation.jpgDJI REP Conversation.jpg 1.jpg

Last edited:
I get it, and would feel bummed as well. But, as others have noted, you could do a return/rebuy as an option. The dealer would then suffer the consequences of the alleged screw-job.

How a company handles new product rollouts can definitely affect its reputation. My brother recently put a deposit down on a couple of e-bikes that were back ordered. While checking on his order status, he was informed that a new version had just been released with several upgrades - they offered to upgrade him for $50. Nice gesture and happy customer!

OP HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BE UPSET!! AND SO DO WE!!! I know i AM UPSET about the LIES DJI told OP, and now DJI is telling him to go pound sand..... THIS IS WRONG ON ALL LEVELS! I hope DJI takes care of this ASAP!!

Read what OP wrote above.. He purchased the brand new sealed package from a seller on EBAY that only accepted returns for items not as described, and there IS A TIME LIMIT to make a return on EBAY.... This is a bad situation to be in due to NO FAULT of the OP! And are you REALLY TELLING ME that YOU WOULD NOT COMPLAIN being told a straight out LIE from DJI that shorted you 500.00 plus? Come on now... ANYONE WOULD BE COMPLAINING! Telling someone a LIE IS WRONG, and it is DEFINITELY NOT GOOD BUSINESS !
One might also gather from this that buying from a reputable dealer with return privileges might be a better idea than buying off eBay. Just saying….

One might also gather from this that buying from a reputable dealer with return privileges might be a better idea than buying off eBay. Just saying….
You are correct Sir.... But given the circumstances of this situation, and of DJIs REP making several untrue statements assuring OP this was not going to happen... I REALLY EXPECTED DJI to take care of their customer due to this being NO FAULT of his what so ever...I guess expecting DJI to do the RIGHT THING is too much to ask on this one... Tomorrow is a new day, and Hopefully someone from DJI that cares for their customers will fix this for OP..

bought off of ebay... and then having to go through the hassle of redoing my care refresh and everything else? no thanks, maybe I am the only one that feels cheated I guess. Really thought you guys would see it is wrong too. Guess your pockets are deeper than mine!
Same thing happened to me too. I am even in a worse spot as my batteries are from the 2017/2018 make meaning they are old and in a new purchase like this I am really disgusted with DJI and my purchase. I contacted DJI and they will not do anything about it. I bought local from a high end camera store that made me sign a paper that says I have to deal with DJI. I am more upset as ever. Old and dated unit that should be new with up to date batteries and controller. Paid the same price everyone else now is paying with the RC Pro included. When asked to review the experience with the support I received I was far from happy. Very far. I gave them 1 star with a long explanation. DJI should make this right to those of us that have recently purchased the 2s fly more combo and swap out with the RC Pro controller. They said if the batteries go bad I can send them in for warranty. Yeah right. The controller batteries are in the same deal. A few years old when they should be new. Guess shopping local and supporting local vendors was a bad idea. They are hearing it from a lot of us that now feel cheated and slighted.

I bought from a reputable store that is local but pushed it off to DJI who is not taking it in return and I also paid for the 2 year refresh. They are one of DJI's recommended vendors too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty