DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newly Released FAA Documents Give Unprecedented Look Into Colorado Drone Swarm Mystery Hundreds of pages of documents provide consistent details

franklinskite

Reactions
Newly Released FAA Documents Give Unprecedented Look Into Colorado Drone Swarm Mystery

‘Some of the communications received by veteran Special Agent Michael Bumberger of the FAA's Law Enforcement Assistance Program (LEAP), situated within the Office of Security and Hazardous Materials Safety, or ASH, and his associates contain detailed descriptions of the unusual formations of unmanned aerial devices that were reported by law enforcement officers and other credible witnesses.

For example, a Jan. 5, 2020, email from Bumberger said an FAA LEAP agent had spoken to sheriffs in 16 counties in Colorado and Nebraska and "each agency contacted advised at least one deputy has witnessed the activity." The email went on:

"The activity reported occurs primarily between the hours of 1800 and 2200 MST and demonstrate the pattern of multiple “drones” flying a grid type pattern and remaining airborne for several hours at a time in less than optimum flying conditions (high winds and storm-like conditions). The number of drones reported operating at one time range from between 2 and 16 and appear to be approximately 6 feet width and length. Flight time has been 2 to 3 hours continuous. All reports indicate flight is between 200 and 300 feet. However several people interviewed stated it was hard to determine height due to the darkness and lack of clouds. Other sightings lights were also reported to be either flashing or steady white, red, or green. One report mentioned flashing blue lights. They have not been described as operating in a manner that place persons on the ground in danger."

Do you guys remember the precision displays of flying drones at the Olympics in China ? Any recollection or thought of how long those drones stayed in the air? My best recollection is that on either the first or last day celebration, they were flying for quite a l ong time - 30 minutes or longer - what I don't know is whether those drones were commercially available or were specially built for the Olympics (or government of China) ?

Reactions: franklinskite
I find it hilarious that the FAA used this incident to justify their proposed Remote ID rule. I'm pretty sure the alien UFO drones aren't going to be complying with that anyway!

I find it hilarious that the FAA used this incident to justify their proposed Remote ID rule. I'm pretty sure the alien UFO drones aren't going to be complying with that anyway!
Yea I was about to say people and pilots have been seeing strange lights in the sky for 60+ years. They use to call them UFOs now they just call them drones.

I didn't know that the FAA had done that. Do you have a reference?

I didn't know that the FAA had done that. Do you have a reference?

It's mentioned in the linked article:

During the drone flap, FAA officials repeatedly suggested to reporters and others that the aerial activity in Colorado illustrated the need for a regulation already proposed by the FAA to require “Remote ID” capacity for most drones. The early January talking-point memo prepared for Administrator Dickson concluded, “If they are UAS, this is an exemplar of why Remote Identification requirements, such as those put forward in the FAA’s recently released Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, are critical to safety and security of UAS integration into the National Airspace System.”

Reactions: franklinskite
It's mentioned in the linked article:

So it is - I missed that. So your point is that if they were sUAS and were not flying with FAA waivers (and presumably the FAA would have knowledge of the flights if they were) then they must have been flying illegally or under military authorization, in which case they most likely wouldn't have used RemoteID anyway.

So it is - I missed that. So your point is that if they were sUAS and were not flying with FAA waivers (and presumably the FAA would have knowledge of the flights if they were) then they must have been flying illegally or under military authorization, in which case they most likely wouldn't have used RemoteID anyway.

Exactly my thinking.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
So you don't think that these were drones?
56A5F0E9-E758-4DCB-A5B3-D62EFBA97C3C.jpeg
918865B2-18AC-4750-A233-F7F443DD0A1F.jpeg
70DFA01E-ABB1-4E06-B184-813FB39B5973.jpeg
1C802BC1-6E16-4775-94A6-69F956BEB27B.jpeg
I’m not convinced. What makes people so sure they are drones?

Flying at high speed over multiple states for 2-3 hours in formation able to rapidly change direction at. No clear images or video and the only ones we have are from great distances. Sounds familiar ?.

View attachment 108067
View attachment 108068
View attachment 108069
View attachment 108070

Flying at high speed over multiple states for 2-3 hours in formation able to rapidly change direction at. No clear images or video and the only ones we have are from great distances. Sounds familiar ?.

The witness statements quoted in the linked article were significantly more specific than the original fuzzy images. So your hypothesis is what, exactly?

I'm not even convinced they *existed*. There were a number of articles and interviews and whatnot a while back wherein the general consensus was, "It's possible a bunch of people's imaginations simply ran away with them."

The witness statements quoted in the linked article were significantly more specific than the original fuzzy images. So your hypothesis is what, exactly?
My hypothesis is that these are distant manned aircraft, weather balloons, swamp gas and maybe the occasional drone likely flown by LE or the government trying to investigate the phenomenon but inadvertently causing more mayhem.

I read some of the original witness testimony that is linked in the article and the details read a lot like the UFO reports of old.

40 mile range
2-3 hour flight time
70 mph speeds

Notably the original sources repeatedly say they can’t confirm is was UAS activity.
86A7FF69-974D-4DB3-9687-B93BB4ABC78C.jpeg

Here’s even an exchange that says one of the videos originally believed to be a UAS was analyzed and determined it to be of a small GA manned aircraft. But of course you never hear about this in the media. B6E6FA7E-4577-4033-8DEB-0A58C457612A.jpeg

If a witness statements were reliable enough to be considered definitive evidence then there’s more than enough evidence that we have been visited by aliens on multiple occasions.

If a witness statements were reliable enough to be considered definitive evidence then there’s more than enough evidence that we have been visited by aliens on multiple occasions.

Many of those same witness statements may explain why the aliens are reticent to contact any other humans, though. ;)

Do you guys remember the precision displays of flying drones at the Olympics in China ? Any recollection or thought of how long those drones stayed in the air? My best recollection is that on either the first or last day celebration, they were flying for quite a l ong time - 30 minutes or longer - what I don't know is whether those drones were commercially available or were specially built for the Olympics (or government of China) ?
I know of a Chinese company that makes hydrogen powered drones that give that kind of loiter time. 253 minutes with a 20L tank 163 minutes with a 12L tank and 2kg payload. Starting prices for those (including a hydrogen refill generator is around $30,000. They are looking to partner with people in America to get their product known. They are called MMC and are based in the same place as DJI.

I know of a Chinese company that makes hydrogen powered drones that give that kind of loiter time. 253 minutes with a 20L tank 163 minutes with a 12L tank and 2kg payload.

Hydrogen electric fuel cells are a beautiful thing. But pricy.

That was my thought: some commercial enterprise that’s practicing precision drone displays.

Reactions: Geekser
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143