DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Next Mavics?

Milo187

Reactions
What do you all think of this? I flew my Mavic 2 Pro today and the app let me know there was a new firmware update. After flying I connected the drone to my laptop and launched the DJI Assistant 2 app and noticed that when it recognized my drone it displayed "Mavic Pro 2-4" as the icon. I haven't noticed that previously. Does this mean version 2 through 4 and there's hope for the line?

1619307577861.png

No idea what Mavic Pro 2-4 mean, but, there are alleged leaks of drawings, and a photo of what is likely the Mavic 3 Pro shell on the Web:

See this link for sketches: Is this the DJI Mavic 3 drone? - Photo Rumors
This link to a page with a possible photo the the shell: First DJI Mavic 3 photo appears and interesting DJI patent | DroneXL.co
1619310860111.png

No idea what to make of this yet - there was speculation about the Mavic 3 with a photo in 2020, commentary saying the Air 2S killed it, etc.

I think it has to come to market with 8K Video, a bigger sensor for more than 20MP Photos, Autel Evo II Battery Endurance and Skydeo Obstacle Avoidance; even Goldilocks has to dream. :)

Reactions: Bransty
I think it has to come to market with 8K Video, a bigger sensor for more than 20MP Photos, Autel Evo II Battery Endurance and Skydeo Obstacle Avoidance; even Goldilocks has to dream. :)

I know Autel has their 8K camera, so DJI will no doubt want to keep jumping ahead... but I would like to know how may people out there even have a computer capable of editing 8K video.... or have an 8K TV? Yes, you could get some great zoom/pan shots by cropping 8K, but still, what kind of computer power is needed for this? For me 8K, at this point, has very little value to me.

No, it likely means your assistant is out of date and doesn't know the marketing name of that model.

I know Autel has their 8K camera, so DJI will no doubt want to keep jumping ahead... but I would like to know how may people out there even have a computer capable of editing 8K video.... or have an 8K TV? Yes, you could get some great zoom/pan shots by cropping 8K, but still, what kind of computer power is needed for this? For me 8K, at this point, has very little value to me.
The value of shooting in 8k is that you can crop into parts of the video without losing any detail when you convert it to a 6k or 4k video. You can pick better parts of the shot and just crop and play only that part of the video in you post production work. No one can tell you zoomed into a specific area of the video. I have the 8k autel and the 6k. The 8k video has no problems being edited and played in preview in after effects or vegas pro, but my video card has a slightly difficult time playing a full size 8k video on my 4k tv in realtime. It's the video card and it's memory that is the key to having smooth 8k video. I'm fine with my video card. I have no issues with the way it plays 8k. I just can't watch the 8k without a few glitches when I play it in full screen on my 4k tv, so I have to make the video window a little smaller.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55