DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nexus 7 sun hood allowing fit into MP controller?

PT_Mavic

Reactions
I've been searching with no success for a sun hood that will fit over the Nexus 7 while still allowing it to fit into the Mavic's controller arms.

This design leaves the corners exposed, which is what's needed, but it's not clear that they have a size to fix the Nexus 7 - the key is to fit the rubber-band things over the sides to keep the corners exposed, yet still shield the screen.

Here's a photo of what I mean, with a smaller phone shown:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51gP7UUUw8L._SL1005_.jpg

And the Amazon product link showing the rubber-band attachments. Looks like the same type that Psytech also brands (all the various models seem either too large or too small to fit the Nexus 7):

Amazon.com: Hooshion Remote Controller Phone Monitor Sun hood Sunshade Cover Hood Smartphone Tablet iPad Sun Shade for DJI MAVIC PRO Inspire / PHANTOM 3 4 M600 OSMO Accessories (7.9 inch, Black): Automotive

I have submitted a question about the 7.9" version offered, to see if it might work, but no responses yet.

Thanks for any leads.

I've been searching with no success for a sun hood that will fit over the Nexus 7 while still allowing it to fit into the Mavic's controller arms.

This design leaves the corners exposed, which is what's needed, but it's not clear that they have a size to fix the Nexus 7 - the key is to fit the rubber-band things over the sides to keep the corners exposed, yet still shield the screen.

Here's a photo of what I mean, with a smaller phone shown:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51gP7UUUw8L._SL1005_.jpg

And the Amazon product link showing the rubber-band attachments. Looks like the same type that Psytech also brands (all the various models seem either too large or too small to fit the Nexus 7):

Amazon.com: Hooshion Remote Controller Phone Monitor Sun hood Sunshade Cover Hood Smartphone Tablet iPad Sun Shade for DJI MAVIC PRO Inspire / PHANTOM 3 4 M600 OSMO Accessories (7.9 inch, Black): Automotive

I have submitted a question about the 7.9" version offered, to see if it might work, but no responses yet.

Thanks for any leads.

This worked for me.

Amazon.com : HiBloks Smartphone Sunshade Sun Hood for DJI Mavic Pro Monitor : Camera & Photo

Thank you; I'd run across that in my looking around, but thought it might be too bulky, heavy or interfere with the controls or viewing the displays. So far there's just one posted review, so not too much to go on there, although he gives it a big thumbs-up.

Are you using it with a Nexus 7 and your experience is ok with it over time?

Yes I'm using a Nexus 7 and it works fine! Has your tablet crashed? If so how often? Thanks, Joe

Yes I'm using a Nexus 7 and it works fine! Has your tablet crashed? If so how often? Thanks, Joe
So far, no, but I've only had it a week. Found on Amazon, refurbished looking brand new with new charger and 1-year warranty, for $150, so I think I'm pretty fortunate for that price.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143