DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ 'feature'?

ricklaw

Reactions
i recently bought the mavic mini. i also have a mp and a spark. directly across my street is a NFZ for a major airport. on my mp, i can take off and fly into that NFZ without issue. i really only want to go about 100' into it at 50-100' so i can get a picture of a pond. and we are talking about 4.99 miles out from the airport. on the mini, i can't even fly across the street. it stops me. i haven't updated my firmware on the mp in a while but my app is up to date. is this a new 'feature' on the mini or is that on ALL the dji drones now?

i recently bought the mavic mini. i also have a mp and a spark. directly across my street is a NFZ for a major airport. on my mp, i can take off and fly into that NFZ without issue. i really only want to go about 100' into it at 50-100' so i can get a picture of a pond. and we are talking about 4.99 miles out from the airport. on the mini, i can't even fly across the street. it stops me. i haven't updated my firmware on the mp in a while but my app is up to date. is this a new 'feature' on the mini or is that on ALL the dji drones now?
You do realize that the MM is actually doing the right thing here?

It doesn't matter that you are only penetrating the controlled airspace by 100' or that you are flying at only 100' altitude. If you are flying a foot inside controlled airspace at 1 inch off the ground, you are breaking FAA regulations. It doesn't sound like much, but what happens if your MP has an issue and flies further into controlled airspace or gains altitude?

Best to designate the specific area and apply to FAA for clearance. I have a two year clearance from them for my practice area that gets 100’ or less into 2 different airport NFZs. Took about a week for FAA to process, and they were very helpful guiding me through the process.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
You do realize that the MM is actually doing the right thing here?

It doesn't matter that you are only penetrating the controlled airspace by 100' or that you are flying at only 100' altitude. If you are flying a foot inside controlled airspace at 1 inch off the ground, you are breaking FAA regulations. It doesn't sound like much, but what happens if your MP has an issue and flies further into controlled airspace or gains altitude?

yes i'm aware of that. i was just asking if this is in all the drones now or if it was specific to the mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest