DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit but still allowing takeoff

Flybysol

Reactions
Hi! I'm new to the forum and loving the content. I have a site I will be flying that is just within Class D airspace and is close to my home. I will be applying for an FAA airspace waiver through drone zone. I wanted to see what DJI would do ahead of the flight so I knew if I had to unlock the area ahead of time. I turned on my drone at home (within the Class D) and it said NFZ Limit on the controller but it still allowed me to takeoff. It says I am in an Enhanced Warning Zone. I would think that meant I couldn't fly without unlocking but its letting me fly. Does this mean I only have to provide proof of my waiver if asked by authorities? Or do I have to go through an "unlocking" process even though it is letting me fly?

Thanks for the help. The real flight is this coming Tuesday.

Hi! I'm new to the forum and loving the content. I have a site I will be flying that is just within Class D airspace and is close to my home. I will be applying for an FAA airspace waiver through drone zone. I wanted to see what DJI would do ahead of the flight so I knew if I had to unlock the area ahead of time. I turned on my drone at home (within the Class D) and it said NFZ Limit on the controller but it still allowed me to takeoff. It says I am in an Enhanced Warning Zone. I would think that meant I couldn't fly without unlocking but its letting me fly. Does this mean I only have to provide proof of my waiver if asked by authorities? Or do I have to go through an "unlocking" process even though it is letting me fly?

Thanks for the help. The real flight is this coming Tuesday.

For enhanced warning zones, you pretty much need to check the box with DJI. You do not need to provide anything around your actual authorization. Inside of that you would have a DJI authorization zone, which you can self unlock with a logged in account and connectivity.

Keep in mind that the DJI zones do not equate to actual FAA airspace. You need to be aware of airspace and get proper FAA authorization to fly. You will need to get DJI unlocks completely separately for zones that may not actually map. Here is how DJI tends to handle areas around the airport. The altitude zone and perhaps the edges of the authorization zone might be outside of the Class D or other airspace OR the airspace may extend further.

1619738959831.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143