DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nfz maps

Should be in both - but NFZ's are definitely in the aircraft firmware. This is because it's possible to fly the Mavic using only the RC Controller without a Go4 device attached, and therefore that would make it a nonsense if flying without Go4 was a way round Geo-fencing ...
Note that Geo-fencing is still in place when a 3rd party controller app' like Litchi is used ...

Reactions: Jlankford
I didn’t think about that. I was thinking I might roll back my firmware to avoid the new nfz that’s coming.

The new NFZ's aren't going to be that bad ... In the main, they are sensible in that the major changes are there to avoid conflict with aircraft on approach and departure, and with light aircraft & helicopters that can be approaching from all directions - and the zone area changes are applicable to major airports (with control towers). My suggestion is that if you do some research on how to go through the unlocking / self-authorisation process for the NFZ's - you'll not only be able to carry on flying in most places you were before, but you'll also be in a better position if some ill-informed Policeman decides to ask you what you are doing ... I'm not sure where [what country?] you are posting from, but here in the UK I saw an article in the newspaper that says that the Government is passing legislation that will allow Police to 'stop-and-search' drone pilots (I think this will come in at the same time we are forced to register our drones). If you know that you have authorisation to fly by the fact that you have or haven't had to go through any NFZ unlock process, and you also know that you are running the latest Go4 & drone firmware - then you are in a much better place when Mr Plod wanders up, than - "not knowing if you were allowed to fly there if you had updated to the latest firmware???"
Your drone might be able to avoid the NFZ (if you don't upgrade firmware), but will you be able to avoid the scrutiny that the authorities will be placing on your hobby? ... That's my way of looking at it anyway ...

I thought about using nld. But I’m on iOS and don’t know if I have to roll back my go 4 app. That would be difficult to do.

The new NFZ's aren't going to be that bad ... In the main, they are sensible in that the major changes are there to avoid conflict with aircraft on approach and departure, and with light aircraft & helicopters that can be approaching from all directions - and the zone area changes are applicable to major airports (with control towers). My suggestion is that if you do some research on how to go through the unlocking / self-authorisation process for the NFZ's - you'll not only be able to carry on flying in most places you were before, but you'll also be in a better position if some ill-informed Policeman decides to ask you what you are doing ... I'm not sure where [what country?] you are posting from, but here in the UK I saw an article in the newspaper that says that the Government is passing legislation that will allow Police to 'stop-and-search' drone pilots (I think this will come in at the same time we are forced to register our drones). If you know that you have authorisation to fly by the fact that you have or haven't had to go through any NFZ unlock process, and you also know that you are running the latest Go4 & drone firmware - then you are in a much better place when Mr Plod wanders up, than - "not knowing if you were allowed to fly there if you had updated to the latest firmware???"
Your drone might be able to avoid the NFZ (if you don't upgrade firmware), but will you be able to avoid the scrutiny that the authorities will be placing on your hobby? ... That's my way of looking at it anyway ...

I never looked at it that way. I’m in the USA and you’ve definitely given me a viewpoint to contemplate.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3