DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Mods?

Rmwac

Reactions
Does anybody know of any mods for disabling the NFZ on the Mavic Pro/Plat series? I was in the field today, tried to do a "self-unlock" of a yellow advisory area, but was rejected because requests can only be done from a PC, not a "mobile device..." Enough of this Big Brother BS. I was 8 miles from the runway of a podunk airport that just happens to have an ILS, and associated class E airspace.... that I was barely in. I was SOL. I never wish to break the law, but DJI has gone a little over the top with this NFZ.

We may be able to find a way around this limitation a while but I feel sure it is inevitable there will be stronger restrictions in place before long which will be very difficult to alter. There is just too much risk as more drones go into the air. Metropolitan areas are just not suitable for consumer drones, except lower flying smaller models. Just imagine the potential for harm. With each bad incident you can just imagine the legislators sharpening their pencils. I read about a pilot yesterday going up over 1000 feet. My guess is delivery drones will be hexacopters to be sure they can still fly if a motor fails.

yeah.... I realize the problems.... I live in what is known as the "PA Wilds..." There are more deer than people... Today, I attempted to fly and video a bridge that was at the very far edge of a blue advisory area, (instrument approach corridor) 8 miles from the runway of a podunk airport that doesn't even have a tower. I did everything by the book. The area was eligible for "self unlock." However, the request was rejected because it was made from my Galaxy9S, which was not "allowed." My PC was a convenient 80 miles away. As I said, I want to be legal, but today was BS. That's when I start thinking about plan B...

Does anybody know of any mods for disabling the NFZ on the Mavic Pro/Plat series? I was in the field today, tried to do a "self-unlock" of a yellow advisory area, but was rejected because requests can only be done from a PC, not a "mobile device..." Enough of this Big Brother BS. I was 8 miles from the runway of a podunk airport that just happens to have an ILS, and associated class E airspace.... that I was barely in. I was SOL. I never wish to break the law, but DJI has gone a little over the top with this NFZ.

Check you PM

It's fairly easy to do. MP1s with a build date after Sept. 2017 require an internal SD card to be inserted. See DJI Dashboard - How To tips and tricks *MAVIC* - RC Groups

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242