DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Palm Beach VIP

Akoztha

Reactions
72a574de81a554167b06808a50ed1952.jpg

[emoji19] [emoji19] [emoji19]

We have the same issue at a field we fly at in North Jersey every time Trump visits his Country Club...which is quite often.

Yeah, there's a huge abandoned warehouse that I can use. Was even thinking on practicing low flying with balloons.
But the drone won't even start.

This affects me too. I don't get many days off, especially weekends. Today I went to fly on one of my very few free days and show a visiting relative and a friend who have never seen a Mavic UAS before how it works. Got the NFZ warning. In a way it pisses me off, I understand what it's for but for a small UAS the restricted area is too large if you ask me. I'm just on the edge of the NFZ and could travel a few miles down the road and be out of it, but then I can't fly at home where I wanted to. My main problem with it is that my drone cannot possibly fly from my location to the center of the restricted area (where the President is). There's no way it's a danger to anything from 42miles away. If I was within 10 or so miles of the origin of the NFZ I could see. The system is antiquated and will likely never be changed I know, but it still doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Making it worse is I got it for christmas and since the president was in town for the holiday I never got to fly it at all when I got it. I has to wait until a couple of weeks later. I believe it was on the 5th or so the NFZ was lifted and here we are only a couple more weeks later and the same NFZ again. It's frustrating to say the least but there's nothing we can do about it :(. Maybe in the future there will be a system to allow different rules for UAS flights but with talk of further restrictions and all I'm not hopeful. I've even heard that some people who use their UAS for business purposes are affected by these temporary restriction zones and it costs them money for weeks at a time in some cases.

Reactions: Akoztha
this is a prime example of our mighty Messiah taking care of us.........at our expense

Reactions: Akoztha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair