DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ question regarding Airports.

gtione

Reactions
I have been approached by somebody close to a regional airport who is looking for a drone operator to film a short piece of aerial video as part of a promo video for said airport. This would not be a commercial opportunity as no money will be paid.

What I need to find out assuming that all permissions are in place is how this would work with the DJI app? I once without prior knowledge went to fly somewhere which happened to be within a NFZ of an airport. The DJI app rightfully did not allow me to take off which I obviously agree with a s was thankful for.

So assuming that all the i’s are dotted and the T’s crossed can the DJI app be overridden to allow flight within the DFZ?

Thanks in advance.

I have been approached by somebody close to a regional airport who is looking for a drone operator to film a short piece of aerial video as part of a promo video for said airport. This would not be a commercial opportunity as no money will be paid.

What I need to find out assuming that all permissions are in place is how this would work with the DJI app? I once without prior knowledge went to fly somewhere which happened to be within a NFZ of an airport. The DJI app rightfully did not allow me to take off which I obviously agree with a s was thankful for.

So assuming that all the i’s are dotted and the T’s crossed can the DJI app be overridden to allow flight within the DFZ?

Thanks in advance.
EVO to the rescue

Wrong forum. This is a Mavic forum.
I think you guys are looking for the Autel pilots forum. There is a link if you scroll down. As to the OP questions.
I am pretty sure this would fall under the definition of a commercial flight. Even though you wouldn’t be paid. So keep that in mind whatever you do. I am not sure what you would have to do to make the Mavic leave the ground.

Wrong forum. This is a Mavic forum.
I think you guys are looking for the Autel pilots forum. There is a link if you scroll down. As to the OP questions.
I am pretty sure this would fall under the definition of a commercial flight. Even though you wouldn’t be paid. So keep that in mind whatever you do. I am not sure what you would have to do to make the Mavic leave the ground.
WRONG! - Right forum for Q/A, even tho the product is different than a Mavic. He got his answer.

Reactions: Starz

Thanks in advance.
This is a commercial operation and a Part107 is required. CoAs may be required. Please do not attempt unless you are 107.

Reactions: Mrmund
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent