DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ ?

EyeFlightDrone

Reactions
Hey, what happens if a fly a mavic 2 into a NFZ, but launched from safe zone? Would I get the chance to fly out of the NFZ or would I be forced to land?

I tried to fly into the only one we have here and watched it . All it did was stop and hover ,I could go up and back but not get in it .I set my Mavic in the back of my truck and drove in it and couldn't spin up so drove back out of it still powered on and fired up took off and took a picture. This was just checking what would happen .
Was with just my MP not my 2
IMG_0246.jpgIMG_0247.jpgIMG_0248.jpg

Reactions: BD0G
Your Mavic will not be able to fly into or out of a restricted zone (NFZ) even if DJI gives you access to fly there.

DJI does have NFZ's
They only have "restricted zones". Those are areas where you must request an unlock in order to fly. Whether or not you're legally allowed to fly in restricted zones is an entirely different question. DJI does not enforce the law -- they just try to help you make good choices when choosing your flying locations.

Lol, I actually tried to fly in one today. The message on the controller without the phone connected was NFZ Limit.

It wouldn't spin up ether would it .

Yeah, I thought it was broken. It was a real nice place to fly and is now a nfz because planes get all the air space.

My house became an NFZ as per the RC. A regional airport 4.5 miles from me has a runway glideslope over me. Now shows blue over my house.
I thought you could fly in blue but had to acknowledge.
TIA has a red section in glide slope on DJI map.

You can unlock NFZ if it is a blue zone, but you do need the app to unlock. You also need internet and either CC or SMS for account verification.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000